Thread: .43 caliber discussion

Feedback Score

.43 caliber discussion

so i've got a Kingman chaser that uses .43 caliber paint. I've found it's quite gas efficient, and fairly accurate at shorter ranges (20 ft), but has paint breaking issues at anything beyond 20 ft. I started by using the Kingman brand .43 paint, but found the shells were so brittle they would break in the magazine. I've switched to Nelson .43 paint, and these haven't broken in the mag, but of course don't break as well at range.

However the Chaser seems to be a fine marker for a sidearm as it's light, compact, and accurate for CQB encounters. With the smaller paint you can have more shots per mag than .68 markers.

Anyone else have experience with .43 paint and markers?

Feedback Score
    Which color .43 cal Kingman paint were you using? Orange or Yellow? I've heard that one of the colors is more durable than the others..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    it was the orange shell Kingman. It's GREAT for rap4 Grenades, just breaks in my chaser.

Feedback Score
    I've seen vids from RAP4 using their .43 caliber stuff and I do think it's got a good use in a training enviorment. Are they approved for were you play?

Feedback Score
    the 3 fields I play at allow BYOP (one costs a little more for BYOP). If it chronos legally, I can use it. However as all the other players run .68, I use sub .68 markers as secondaries. Once my SMG-60 is back, i'll try it as a primary for S&G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melkson View Post
    the 3 fields I play at allow BYOP (one costs a little more for BYOP). If it chronos legally, I can use it. However as all the other players run .68, I use sub .68 markers as secondaries. Once my SMG-60 is back, i'll try it as a primary for S&G.
    I don't have any first hand knowlage of the .43 caliber, but from the reviews, I've peeked at, and from reading your acount of it's use, .43 caliber is ideal for CQB stuff because it brakes at ranges less then 20 feet.

Feedback Score
    it makes good bunkering paint for sure.

Feedback Score
    If anyone has issues with .43 paintball from RAP4 or Kingmann either breaking in the mags or not breaking at all, I highly recommend getting Nelson .43 paintballs. There is a local paintball store that special orders it from Nelson (its not a regular paint for them). I use it in my Chaser and Eraser, it does not break in the mags or barrel but it does break on target and it great:

http://www.evpaintball.com/servlet/t...lls/Categories

Feedback Score
    I've always wondered how many fields actually allow for ballers to use the .43 caliber paintball markers. I know the local field I play ( Cull Hollar ) doesn't really mind, but Big Pearl is a .68 caliber only field. I even tried to see if I could use one down at Fulda Gap, but you have to purchase paint down there and all they had was .68 caliber. I figured that the smaller size would make for a better " sidearm " then the bigger pistols.

I have been wanting to shoot one of these markers as they do the action of an actual pistol. The only downside is the fact that all black and that action makes them very realistic (looking at it from a confusion stand point).

I really haven't even seen anyone push these in over a year. Even the .50 caliber stuff has come and gone quickly. I guess .68cal is here to stay =)

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    Thread Resurrection! (no need to let it rot)

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these to get a feel for pistols (I eventually want a Tippman TipX or a Tiberius 8.1 (but I'd rather spend $75 to try and almost $200) and because my girlfriend said she may play paintball if she could use a pistol... on that I have no clue but I'll use the excuse. Is it really a good sidearm and does it actually play well in scenario/woodsball? ...and did anyone ever decide on the better .43 (11mm) paintballs worth using?
    This should work...

Feedback Score
    I sold my chaser and use a crossman 3357 for pistol play now. It's .50 cal and 6 shots is all I really need for a secondary.

If you shop around you can get a used T8 for about $100-125. If you are thinking about a pistol for primary, got for that or a Tpx. Now if it's for a secondary, chaser should fit your bill nicely, but DO BUY the above mentioned Nelson paint. Seriously. The Kingman paint crushes right in the magazine, and the chasers are a pita to clean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooknows View Post
    Thread Resurrection! (no need to let it rot)

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these to get a feel for pistols (I eventually want a Tippman TipX or a Tiberius 8.1 (but I'd rather spend $75 to try and almost $200) and because my girlfriend said she may play paintball if she could use a pistol... on that I have no clue but I'll use the excuse. Is it really a good sidearm and does it actually play well in scenario/woodsball? ...and did anyone ever decide on the better .43 (11mm) paintballs worth using?
    On that site I posted earlier, the Nelson .43 paintballs work great. Its a great pistol, but not that great if your trying to engage at ranges over 50'. After 50', accuracy is terrible and the paintballs are unlikely to break. Other than that, they are nice pistols.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by melkson View Post
    I sold my chaser and use a crossman 3357 for pistol play now. It's .50 cal and 6 shots is all I really need for a secondary.

If you shop around you can get a used T8 for about $100-125. If you are thinking about a pistol for primary, got for that or a Tpx. Now if it's for a secondary, chaser should fit your bill nicely, but DO BUY the above mentioned Nelson paint. Seriously. The Kingman paint crushes right in the magazine, and the chasers are a pita to clean.
    I may look into an 8.1 later as a secondary... but yes for now I am going for the Chaser. And may take a look at the crossman if anyone asks me questions on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post
    On that site I posted earlier, the Nelson .43 paintballs work great. Its a great pistol, but not that great if your trying to engage at ranges over 50'. After 50', accuracy is terrible and the paintballs are unlikely to break. Other than that, they are nice pistols.
    About to order some of the Nelson after get the Chaser and get a feel for it (testing-wise).

Thank you all for the responses.
    This should work...

Feedback Score
    remember that the velocity adjust is under the barrel, NOT the rear. and the orange bit can be removed with zero impact on the marker.