Thread: Paintball Mirabel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Paintball Mirabel

I think that the cost of paint isn't all that bad. It's more on the field it gets expensive. I remember Ethan telling me for a small fee Blitz will let you use your own paint. I think that's amazing sadly we don't have that luxury here at the field I play at. A box of 2000 rounds is 260$ for non member and 120$ for member. At that price it's really hard for the youth to play the sport frequently. I think the fields around here should adopt the same standards as Blitz on the bring your whole paint idea. Although I think it will never happen because that's where they make there profit.

http://paintballmirabel.com/

Edit - I split this thread up from the .50 cal discussion as it was starting to get a bit OT
    Last edited by Ethan; 08-08-2011 at 05:05 AM.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Holy **** dude that's freaking expensive!!! Why so much?

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Because they can. Also, because of the gold plated boxes that they use - very expensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no idea why. Compressed air and co2 are free. It costs $10 to play all day.
    500rounds non member $75
    member$35
    1000rounds non member $120
    member$70
    2000rounds non member$260
    member$120

Keep in mind that there's 33 terrains to upkeep about 60 staff members the pro shop, Refs and a hell of a lot of props and vehicles there's even a tank that drives around with about 6 people inside shooting up the place during big scenario games. Or they just take advantage of the fact you need paint to play so they overcharge because there a center and not a store. I could go pick up a box of the same paint at a paintball store and pay $55 dollars for a 2000 round box.

Golden boxes I wish. I'd melt em down trade in for cash and have an entire eclipse family.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually, a lot of fields hike up the prices on paint not just to increase their profit margin, but to discourage players from shooting a ton of paint (which makes it a friendlier environment for new players to come back to.. nobody likes getting lit up on their first day of paintball).

It's a very successful business model for some fields -- especially those focusing on bachelor parties and the like -- as long as they have either competitive advantage (i.e. the tank and 33 fields) or a monopoly on playing spaces in the area.

Lo

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Indeed, they definitely have to have an extreme competitive advantage to be able to charge such a thing. I hear pretty incredible things about some fields up in Canada, both in the prices they charge, and the services they offer

Josh, how many players come to your field on a weekend day?
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Indeed, they definitely have to have an extreme competitive advantage to be able to charge such a thing. I hear pretty incredible things about some fields up in Canada, both in the prices they charge, and the services they offer

Josh, how many players come to your field on a weekend day?
    An average sunny weekend can see up to 6 700 players. There's currently around 11 890 members that can come and go and play all day. Then there's the groups that show up for birthday parties and such. They have 5 huge scenario games a year including the Tippmann challenge, and that's special your talking anywhere from 2 to 3500 4000 players during that weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    o-O Ethan...We MUST go to this field...

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just wait until I pick up my ego. I'm gonna also buy a go pro hero HD. I'll be filming at this field every chance I get. I can post them up here when I do if you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Yes. That.

www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Feedback Score
    Definitely do that, it sounds so awesome!

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Yeah - our field gets 200-300 players on a killer day... and that's not small Wow! I wanna play up there!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Yeah - our field gets 200-300 players on a killer day... and that's not small Wow! I wanna play up there!
    Well Ethan you and all of hustle can come down anytime you like and I'll take you out on the town. Sometimes we have teams of 300 vs 300 on the Normandie. Going through those trenches are such an adrenaline rush.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    I WANT TO GO!!!

www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Actually, a lot of fields hike up the prices on paint not just to increase their profit margin, but to discourage players from shooting a ton of paint (which makes it a friendlier environment for new players to come back to.. nobody likes getting lit up on their first day of paintball).
    Lo
    never though of it like that!
    I play paintball because I can't afford a girlfriend
    Anomaly

http://www.hustlepaintballfactory.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh L. View Post
    I have no idea why. Compressed air and co2 are free. It costs $10 to play all day.
    500rounds non member $75
    member$35
    1000rounds non member $120
    member$70
    2000rounds non member$260
    member$120

Keep in mind that there's 33 terrains to upkeep about 60 staff members the pro shop, Refs and a hell of a lot of props and vehicles there's even a tank that drives around with about 6 people inside shooting up the place during big scenario games. Or they just take advantage of the fact you need paint to play so they overcharge because there a center and not a store. I could go pick up a box of the same paint at a paintball store and pay $55 dollars for a 2000 round box.

Golden boxes I wish. I'd melt em down trade in for cash and have an entire eclipse family.
    CPX was not even that expensive and they had several million doller fields but hey ill try any paintball place one time
    I play paintball because I can't afford a girlfriend
    Anomaly

http://www.hustlepaintballfactory.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here check out the prices there all listed. There's special packages for the day also that aren't as expensive.
    http://paintballmirabel.com/en/create-your-package
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Hooligan, ive been to mirabel. i went a few years ago. just got into paintball at the end of this year though and havent been lately. mirabel was fkin amazing when i went, and im considering a membership. is it worth it lol? cause i need a place to play this winter. for the summer i drive up to lancaster just outside quebec. he doesnt charge admission / air or rental and charges 100 a case and then 20 a bag. which isnt bad. field isnt amazing but he has a few good starter fields.

Feedback Score
    i dont wish to necro post or anything but for feb 2013 is the deadbox team plan anything ?

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Yes yes - Hooli, are you around?