Thread: gxg swat deluxe paintball vest - digi camo

Feedback Score

Wink gxg swat deluxe paintball vest - digi camo

I have this vest and it has served me very well.

Length of ownership:1 year
    frequency of use: every other week (March - Oct.), 5-6 hours, woodsball, belly crawling.
    Rating: ★     ★ ★ 1/2

Construction:

The black ones are all nylon book back type material in a decent gauge of thickness.

The digi camo one is a vinyl type material. The vinyl material does allow some tearing at the seams.

I've done a little repairing here and there, only 3 spots.<

Attachment:
    The velcro is pretty strong on the back.

you can configure the pod holders and tank pouch in a left tank, pod x4 or rt tank, pod x4, or 2x1x2 (tank in middle).

Front pouches are all sewn into place.

The shoulders have good velcro for adjusting.

The waist band is elastic with velcro on the tongues.

they hold well, but the elastic isn't quite strong enough for my taste.

Utility:

The front pouches have worked out very well for me.

They hold two tpx mags each if needed.<br><br>I keep 4 mags in them.
    2 on the left, 2 on the right.

The center pouch, for me, is tools, extra 12grams, and a small bottle of oil.

The map/id pouch is great for additional 12grams, a pull squeege, and a pocket knife.

I currently am not running a walkie talkie, because I really need a decent quality throat mic, so I remove it and use the strap as a mask holder when not in game, so I don't set my mask down and risk scratching or dirtying the lens.

The pod holders release the pods well and hold their form very well for easier replacement of empty pods.

The tank pouch doesn't really snug up enough on my tank for me, but if I had a stubby it would be perfect.

this pouch likes fatter tanks.

The belt straps are useful, but being velcro means they will wear out more quickly than a buckle with a clasp would.

I've had no issues.

Comfort:

It's a little hot on really hot days.

If you have issues with heat, or wear a lot of under gear, you may want a mesh based vest.

This one is solid, with a foam backing.

Summary:

I highly recommend this vest as a great starter for those that want to have tank on back, with better weight distribution and storage.

It's easy to adjust, easy to use, and very inexpensive.

$40 - $45 new if you are shopping really hard, you can find it at the low end on sale or close out, usually
    $44 at most retailers online or local.
    $25 - $30 used
    Last edited by spiderchoke; 08-03-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: format changed upon posting

Feedback Score

Red face

I personally would not recommend this product for extreme use. I had this vest for a little over a year now and it has worn down terribly in my 13 uses. I also owned two of the 4+1 pod pack and both of them have fell apart.IMG_20110812_112350.jpgIMG_20110812_112438.jpgIMG_20110812_112558.jpg

Don't get me wrong, they serve me well but I would have invested a little more $$$ if I would have known this was going to be the outcome.

Pros:
    Extremely affordable
    Good features for the $$$
    Customizable

Cons:
    You can see some wear and tear on the second use of play...
    Hydro pocket is too small and will only fit a small hydro (zip lock Sandwich) pack

Well, time to buy a new one but I will say that I will most likely will not buy Gen X again

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya Ethan told me it was an entry level vest.

I've used it about 20 times so far and it's just falling apart. For the price you can't go wrong. It will last you atleast your first season of play but no more. I'm in the process of purchasing a new vest and also will not be getting Gen X. I'm getting a dye hopefully it will blow this one out the water.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh L. View Post
    Ya Ethan told me it was an entry level vest.

I've used it about 20 times so far and it's just falling apart. For the price you can't go wrong. It will last you atleast your first season of play but no more. I'm in the process of purchasing a new vest and also will not be getting Gen X. I'm getting a dye hopefully it will blow this one out the water.
    Same here, I was looking at that full clip vest which looks pretty sweet... Plus it has a life time limited warranty... <-Win for me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camo Guy View Post
    Same here, I was looking at that full clip vest which looks pretty sweet... Plus it has a life time limited warranty... <-Win for me
    Awesome, wish you the best of luck . A vest is one of the most important upgrades apart from your mask in my opinion. I'm sure my Dye will work out well for my setup. Once I pick up my ego 11 I'll purchase a NXE Elevation series harness. I'll have the Dye for my Phenom setup and the NXE for my Ego setup.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Interesting.

I agree that this is a great starter/entry level vest. I just passed it down to my son and bought a tippmann assault vest.

I have only one area of stitching issue and it is where I hang my marker off the shoulder.

I absolutely loved this vest, is it as good as a molle type, no.
    But it was sufficient to get my tank on my back and my gear attached.

I still stand behind my review. I liked this vest. I only switched to get something more customizable on the front to accommodate my tpx molle holster, and to give me an excuse to have a vest for my son too.

I am sad that some have had issue with this vest.

(we play every other week)
    Last edited by spiderchoke; 08-12-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: to add a timeline for play frequency.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where by no means bashing the vest like we said for the price it's a really good buy. I tend to play hard when I'm out there so my gear tends to get roughed up quite a bit. Your review was very good and did the vest justice. Anyone looking for an affordable entry level vest will very much enjoy the Gen X.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    The vest is decent. I wil say for seeing them and looking at it from a desingh stand point that they do need improvment. They could do a full MOLLE version to allow for any number of add ons and a larger camo option for it. Otherwise it's decent.

Feedback Score
    They've got a full MOLLE version that comes with a TON of pouches - it's called the TXG Lightweight Vest. Hustle's got it - it's pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camo Guy View Post
    life time limited warranty??? how it lifetime if its limited ?
    Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi.- (May death provide the peace you sought.)

Se si riesce a correre, correre. Se non possibile correre,provare a eseguire. Ma se voi non correre ... allora ci vediamoall'inferno- (If you can run, run. If you can't run, try to run. But if you wont run...then i'll see you in hell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joblair View Post
    life time limited warranty??? how it lifetime if its limited ?
    Well life is limited...

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hater View Post
    Well life is limited...
    True that, were all on borrowed time. Gotta make the best of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    oh btw i have that vest too...pure black....i think i might sell it for 25-30 and see if i can get a better one we'll see
    Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi.- (May death provide the peace you sought.)

Se si riesce a correre, correre. Se non possibile correre,provare a eseguire. Ma se voi non correre ... allora ci vediamoall'inferno- (If you can run, run. If you can't run, try to run. But if you wont run...then i'll see you in hell

Feedback Score
    got the site for who makes it? I've seen cRAP4 versions before.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to wash this vest? Got paint stains all over.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstr23 View Post
    Is it possible to wash this vest? Got paint stains all over.
    Most gear can be safely washed on light cycle cold water with no soap. If not hand washed in cold water without soap. Make sure that no velcro is exposed and properly secured so that it doesn't get caught up somewhere you don't want it to during the cycle.
    Last edited by Hooligan; 06-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    I still have the GXG vest, but mine is a vinyl material, I've seen some that were a cloth. I wash my current vest (Tippmann) in a pillow case to protect it from getting hung up on the machine parts, or tangled in anything else. Then I hang it to air dry. You could try that.
    "I approach everything I participate in with the same concept. It's about the people, not the place." - Spiderchoke
    "I fail all the time. So do you. failure isn't the problem, it's what we do or don't do about it or with that new knowledge that truly defines our character." - S.C.

Feedback Score
    Ok thanks guys, appreciate the feedback

Feedback Score
    I have the camo tactical vest. Just wondering, what size camleback bladder will fit in the rear pouch

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    None that I know of. I wound up getting a BT tac vest instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"