Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: JT Impulse

Feedback Score
    Planet Eclipse has similar priced markers. I Don't think I have heard a unsatisfied PE owner that knows what they bought. and a couple of PBriot users still have their EGO 7 and ETEK 2 and they still work great, but not might be the top of the line anymore. as for JT owners *crickets* that's because JT caters to the 6 month marker group.
    Quote Originally Posted by melkson View Post
    carefully, and with a lot of beer.
    Purple/Orange BL Insight| Dye Cubix Jersey|Empire 68/45|ACU Sly Profits|

Feedback Score
    Honestly I wasn't too impressed when I first saw it. Then the price hit and I kinda did a double take. It doesn't seem to stand out any from other high end stck tubes.

Let's face it....the stck tube is now stuck in one basic design for a bit now. Yes it can be milled a bit different here and there....but for a new gun to come in looking like all the rest....and be priced at a grand........with no other marker produced by that maker in its class....wellllllllllll....doesn't give me the warm fuzzys.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    be priced at a grand........with no other marker produced by that maker in its class....wellllllllllll....doesn't give me the warm fuzzys.
    ESACTLY
    that's why I'm mister no no on this marker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a43 View Post
    ? enlighten me
    JT is no more a company than Invert or Empire. They're all owned and operated by KEE.

Feedback Score
    KEE is Empire and its subsidarys JT, BT and Invert are run by them

Feedback Score
    I would rather take that grand and put it towards the new Ego and keep my 09 impulse.
    GRIZZLIES Co Founder
    New Paintball team founded by TVirus & Myself, here to enjoy the game. We play scenario, woods, speed, and tourney ball. Members from all around the US contact me for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
    I use that to clean my b...err glass, ya glass
    gets all the grime out there

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Meh. Like I said on FB: "Polish a turd, and it's still a turd."

At that price, it'd better be able to do things best not discussed on a public forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Meh. Like I said on FB: "Polish a turd, and it's still a turd."

At that price, it'd better be able to do things best not discussed on a public forum.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking into buying a etek 4.. To bad this is 1k or else I might change my mind cause this is a pretty sweet marker! Same with the new Empire Vanquish but it's a 1.5k marker!! Smh....

Feedback Score
    The Vanquish is understandable though, new marker, very nice stuff put into it, very nice company name backing it (Not to say that JT isn't), but like we're all saying; JT is a known company for being more of the budget ballers option not the higher end stuff. I hate to see this compete w/ tested brands like DM, Ego, G6R, Luxe, etc. I just don't see it winning. Oh well that's what we have B/S/T threads for give it a month or two and the price will deff drop as the guns exchange hands.

On a side note. I have an Etek 4 and love it. Its a really nice gun for the price all you really need to do is tinker with the settings and get it broken in. I got a Pooty Hush Bolt in it and it shoots like a dream.
    GRIZZLIES Co Founder
    New Paintball team founded by TVirus & Myself, here to enjoy the game. We play scenario, woods, speed, and tourney ball. Members from all around the US contact me for details.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    The Vanquish is understandable though, new marker, very nice stuff put into it, very nice company name backing it (Not to say that JT isn't), but like we're all saying; JT is a known company for being more of the budget ballers option not the higher end stuff. I hate to see this compete w/ tested brands like DM, Ego, G6R, Luxe, etc. I just don't see it winning. Oh well that's what we have B/S/T threads for give it a month or two and the price will deff drop as the guns exchange hands.

On a side note. I have an Etek 4 and love it. Its a really nice gun for the price all you really need to do is tinker with the settings and get it broken in. I got a Pooty Hush Bolt in it and it shoots like a dream.
    Yea I definitely agree, I don't see it doing very well in the same price range as any of those high end markers. But who knows, maybe JT will make a new name for theirselves and surprise everyone. Show everyone that they can hang with the big dogs! Lol

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd_JoJo View Post
    Yea I definitely agree, I don't see it doing very well in the same price range as any of those high end markers. But who knows, maybe JT will make a new name for theirselves and surprise everyone. Show everyone that they can hang with the big dogs! Lol

Yeah, and I see myself becoming Pope at the next Conclave.

It could happen.

Me becoming Pope, that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Yeah, and I see myself becoming Pope at the next Conclave.

It could happen.

Me becoming Pope, that is.
    You would have my vote if I was cardinal
    GRIZZLIES Co Founder

Feedback Score
    So the popular argument is that it's overpriced because it's JT? Again, I think brand has nothing to do with it - JT is not it's own entity. This gun was designed by GoG and Kee, IIRC.

My argument is that it's possibly overpriced considering the established market that BL and Eclipse have already got a strong foothold over. The G6R and the Ego are fantastic markers so if the Impulse wants to play in that pool it's really going to have to impress with performance and quite frankly, it's too early to say.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
    So the popular argument is that it's overpriced because it's JT? Again, I think brand has nothing to do with it - JT is not it's own entity. This gun was designed by GoG and Kee, IIRC.

My argument is that it's possibly overpriced considering the established market that BL and Eclipse have already got a strong foothold over. The G6R and the Ego are fantastic markers so if the Impulse wants to play in that pool it's really going to have to impress with performance and quite frankly, it's too early to say.
    I agree with the fact that the brand doesn't matter, but it seems like I read in a lot of forums that the ballers out there are wanting a company to make a good marker that costs in the 500-700 range (or cheaper if possible). In these case, I THINK people are turned off by the gun because they feel the companies are not listening to their consumers. When you have a marker that is like all the rest you are not creating a competitive advantage for your company. I believe that if JT had placed the marker in that mid range price category they would have put themselves in great position to gain a market advantage and then with their next gun price it at 1k or more because they would have had feed back on this new marker to justify the price hike.

Disclaimer: I will say I don't know what the cost of production is for this marker which is a big deciding factor for market price. I understand and support companies making a profit on their merchandise, however I just believe that JT hurt themselves with the price point on this marker.

Feedback Score
    The sad fact is....brand name does matter. Period. A company's name establishes who they are. People will buy total crap...just because brand A puts it out.

JT is not an established high end brand. So a $1000 high end marker doesn't seem like such a good idea. I mean they didn't really listen to the people that wanted easier lense changes on the proflex.

In marketing image is everything. I just don't think JT has a high end image for a 1000 buck gun.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    The sad fact is....brand name does matter. Period. A company's name establishes who they are. People will buy total crap...just because brand A puts it out.

JT is not an established high end brand. So a $1000 high end marker doesn't seem like such a good idea. I mean they didn't really listen to the people that wanted easier lense changes on the proflex.

In marketing image is everything. I just don't think JT has a high end image for a 1000 buck gun.
    If JT was its own brand Id agree. It's not, it's KEE. JT = BT = Empire = etc...
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    more likely than not, it'll be made in the same facility as the Vanquish and Axe...

Feedback Score
    what i am getting at is yes it is KEE. But how many markers do people own that say KEE? It is not a KEE Impulse. KEE owns JT...but ultimately it is a JT marker.

VW owns Lamborghini......no one would pay 180,000 for a Jetta.....but they will for a Lambo.......
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    what i am getting at is yes it is KEE. But how many markers do people own that say KEE? It is not a KEE Impulse. KEE owns JT...but ultimately it is a JT marker.

VW owns Lamborghini......no one would pay 180,000 for a Jetta.....but they will for a Lambo.......

You absolutely make a very valid point and I have two comments. Using your example, JT = VW not Lamborghini which to me says they are trying to charge more. That being said, the marker might very well be worth every penny, but it equates in my opinion that last year we have the jetta and this year we are making the lamborghini. It is a heck of a jump from one to another.

On a side note, even if I had the money I wouldn't want a lamborghini so either way I wouldn't purchase this marker at that price point. I will say you make a very valid point though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast