Thread: Alien independence?

Feedback Score

Alien independence?

Anyone have any working knowledge of these guns? Considering buying a used one with virtue board for about 380ish, wanted to know if it is worth it, thanks
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Feedback Score
    Yea they're really under rated. 380 is a great price for them, sometimes they have problems with really really brittle paint, but they are super easy to maintain and fix

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hater View Post
    Yea they're really under rated. 380 is a great price for them, sometimes they have problems with really really brittle paint, but they are super easy to maintain and fix
    Of course, might help if I used the proper name. I really meant alien invasion. Sorry >.<
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Feedback Score
    I have one and think it's great, especially if you take the price into factor

I like it more than my 07 ego, but prefer to the shot of a spool.

The invasion has a very soft shot for a poppet, that's what I really liked!

If you have any more questions hit me up...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad-HenchMen View Post
    I have one and think it's great, especially if you take the price into factor

I like it more than my 07 ego, but prefer to the shot of a spool.

The invasion has a very soft shot for a poppet, that's what I really liked!

If you have any more questions hit me up...
    AC threads? Efficiency? Operating pressure? Sorry, just researching, lol

Feedback Score
    I want an Alien. I have not heard anything bad about them. Seem to be pretty decent for the price.

Feedback Score
    Alot of them come with their own barrel kits. not sure which, but I have seen them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    AC threads? Efficiency? Operating pressure? Sorry, just researching, lol
    Sorry been so sick,

Yes, AC Threaded

I was getting a loader and 4-5 pods out of a 45/45 filled to 3k if lucky

Operating pressure is around 100 psi, I was told that it is the low operating pressure, and lpr pressure are why s smoother than most...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite Gargoyle View Post
    Alot of them come with their own barrel kits. not sure which, but I have seen them.
    I believe it is called the May day barrel kit, there are not many around

Feedback Score
    Oh ok. I don't know anything about Aliens, except that I like them. Might get a set of the grips, just because

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite Gargoyle View Post
    I believe it is called the May day barrel kit, there are not many around

Feedback Score
    so unless something went terribly wrong, I have a (2012 i believe) Alien Invasion on the way! Now to hopefully borrow a buddies freak back (since he uses his deadlywinds) until I can get a AC threaded freak compatible barrel

Feedback Score
    You should get an iFit kit instead. They have better tolerances than Freak kits

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hater View Post
    You should get an iFit kit instead. They have better tolerances than Freak kits
    ^ This
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Feedback Score
    I already have a freak kit with A5 threads, just need a AC threaded barrel

Feedback Score
    I've heard nothing but good things about these. The guy who makes them can be... defensive... about some of his technology though. I'd love to shoot one sometime.

Yeah, if you already have a freak that's a good reason to just get another back.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
    I've heard nothing but good things about these. The guy who makes them can be... defensive... about some of his technology though. I'd love to shoot one sometime.

Yeah, if you already have a freak that's a good reason to just get another back.
    Yeah, I got that idea too, but in searching through forums, most of the issues are easily resolved. Worst case, I will 2-4-1 it with my crossover for something better (as much as I would hate to lose my crossover)

Feedback Score
    I have one as a backup marker - but from what I have heard, it is very very low maintenance and very good efficiency. Stripping it down, it is modular in design and very simple to work on. In fact, hardly any orings either.
    I've spoken to Jack and he didn't want to sell me a spare solenoid simply because they are reliable. Rather than make a sale, he said in the last 3 years, he has had 6 faulty solenoids!
    Oring-wise, all you need are:
    2x14

That's it - and then that is over kill as they won't need replacing anytime soon - ie the 2x14's are on the valve body - which is a non-moving part. I think only the 011 and 012 are on the rammer, which is the only moving part.

The only thing about it, is no on-off ASA. But it is easy to screw the bottle off... just don't unscrew it to depressure it, then screw it back in, as it will chew the bottle oring. Let it re-align into the grooves then screw it back in
    My Setup is:
    Main: {unknown}, Inspire 68/4500+Ninja Pro Reg, Virtue Spire.
    Backup: Planet Eclipse Etek4 + .50cal Setup, Ninja Dura 68/4500+Ninja Pro Reg, Virtue Spire 260+SR+CrownSF

Feedback Score
    Nice, I appriciate the input! As for the degasing, I do not typically degas anyways. Never had a gun with an on/off asa. I carry a 1911 anyways, which is safest when cocked (if loaded). I believe in the concept of leaving one in the chamber, so I try to treat my Paintball guns the same way. Always loaded, only reason to take of the tank is when I am done for now.

As for the orings, I greatly appriciate it, that will be helpful. Need to get a supply of orings anyway, so this will be a good excuse. But it its nice to know these are extremely reliable and most maintenance free, as I am coming from Tippmanns, lol