Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TechT MRT Crossover bolt

Feedback Score

TechT MRT Crossover bolt

So, before we begin, I need the community dunce cap for this one

Ahh, thank you *places cap on head*

is it straight? Its not straight is it? *adjust cap*

ahh, better

So anyways, I just received my MRT Crossover bolt from TechT (ordered through Hustle, who got it here fairly quickly considering it was not on the website and not even in their stock), and decided to try it out today during a scenario. Without any testing or adjustments on my board...which I hope is the issue...?

Anyways, every time I would fire it, I would have almost no velocity in mechanical, and none whatsoever in electronic. Is this possibly the dwell settings (somebody mentioned dwell settings, would this affect mechanical mode?) Anyways, put my old bolt back in, no issues whatsoever, so I am confused. Will someone less inept than me help me clear this up? Thanks!
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Feedback Score
    Was thinking about getting one for my Crossover as well, will have to stay tuned....
    Here is a link to my husband's youtube channel, check it out and subscribe!!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgk...?feature=watch

Feedback Score
    I am going to play around with it today or tomorrow, see if I can make a fix
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    If you can't get it figured out by then, call TECHT directly, and I can assure you that they'll get you up and running w/ no issues. Their tech support is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    I also picked up a TechT bolt for the Crossover and had no issues with it what so ever. For the price, it is an amazing piece of engineering. Now you will need to pit some lube on the bolt and on the inside that makes contact with the power tube. It has some o rings inside there that in theory help with efficiency. Now, I have had some issues with the refresh of air pressure in the crossover in mech mode with both the stock and MRT bolts. From what I can tell, if you do not release the trigger completely in-between shots, it will not refill full pressure resulting in a weak next shot. I have not had any issues in electronic mode. I would make sure the bolt is properly lubed inside and out.
    As I stated in my Mid-end Marker review ... with this bolt the Crossover can complete with any of the markers on the list. I'm very surprised with the Crossover's performance, and this bolt just helps it take that next step.
    Unofficial Pack Elephant and Gun Whore of the CFLL.
    Current Darkside Markers:
    Active:
    Several
    Active Reserve: Many, Many More
    Retired from Active Service: A few wall hangers that are still 100% functional

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    I also picked up a TechT bolt for the Crossover and had no issues with it what so ever. For the price, it is an amazing piece of engineering. Now you will need to pit some lube on the bolt and on the inside that makes contact with the power tube. It has some o rings inside there that in theory help with efficiency. Now, I have had some issues with the refresh of air pressure in the crossover in mech mode with both the stock and MRT bolts. From what I can tell, if you do not release the trigger completely in-between shots, it will not refill full pressure resulting in a weak next shot. I have not had any issues in electronic mode. I would make sure the bolt is properly lubed inside and out.
    As I stated in my Mid-end Marker review ... with this bolt the Crossover can complete with any of the markers on the list. I'm very surprised with the Crossover's performance, and this bolt just helps it take that next step.
    Yea, I suspect it may be something else, and with the scenario about to begin, I did not use a lot of time either. I read and quite enjoyed your mid end marker review (but then again, might be because I did take a chance on pre ordering the crossover). I will probably play with it some more today

Feedback Score
    UPDATE: tried it again today, after cleaning everything . Same results. OK-ish on mechanical, terrible on electronic. Have a hissing noise during shots, and performance i used to associate to the end cap being on too tight. Bolt looks alright (but i do not know much about how it should look), and when I replace it with the stock bolt, no issues. Could it possibly be the SHP reg? (I know I am guessing at this point, and it shouldn't be due to the internal reg, but I am at a loss here). Guess I will be calling TechT tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: tried it again today, after cleaning everything . Same results. OK-ish on mechanical, terrible on electronic. Have a hissing noise during shots, and performance i used to associate to the end cap being on too tight. Bolt looks alright (but i do not know much about how it should look), and when I replace it with the stock bolt, no issues. Could it possibly be the SHP reg? (I know I am guessing at this point, and it shouldn't be due to the internal reg, but I am at a loss here). Guess I will be calling TechT tomorrow.
    It always sucks when you get something and it doesn't work right. I have my fingers crossed for you bro.
    Click this blue link to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...mowProductions

Click this blue link to go to my Youtube channel

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    You're using an SHP reg on your Crossover? Why?
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    You're using an SHP reg on your Crossover? Why?
    Its what I have from running my 98 custom pro RT/CF. I have not gotten another reg

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Gotcha... now, I'm not sure WHY that might cause a problem, other than the Crossover's inline reg not being able to handle the pressure properly, but it certainly COULD be an issue.

Feedback Score
    My turn for the dunce cap. I'm gonna guess that SHP means Super High Pressure?
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Good guess!

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Ninja...rch_id=1454000

SHP is Super High Pressure - from 950 - 1100psi - typically fantastic for automags
    SLP is Super Low Pressure - fixed output of 275psi... debatable whether they make a difference. I am not yet a believer, but enough people who I respect insist that it does, so I'm open to having my mind changed in the future
    Normal Pro Reg - great choice for most ballers - adjustable from 450 - 800psi

And, they all come w/ neat features like the swivel technology, etc, fully & easily rebuildable like all ninja regs.

Ninja regs are pretty neat! But, I'm thinking that an SHP isn't a spectacular choice for this application.

Feedback Score
    I will guess you use lower pressure for tourney markers?

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    The standard Pro reg is the best choice for most higher-end electropneumatic (tourney) guns. The SLP is only typically chosen for Bob Long guns... though it's definitely not necessary.

Feedback Score
    I use SLPs for all of my macroline-less markers. It just seems to be easier on the orings that prevent leaks from the frame. For the PE markers, I use standard output (850psi) tanks as I have heard that PE guns will not run properly off SLPs. I have been considering picking up a couple of Ninja regs and set them at 450 PSI for the PEs and Crossover.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    UPDATE: So after a bit of phone tag (my fault, hard to catch me when we are treating pts. in the hallways) I finally got free to call them today. Spoke with a nice woman who directed me to Tim. He mentioned this was a first for him for this, but there were a couple possibilities (locktite from bolt assembly, port exhaust blockage, etc.) He recommended to send the bolt in and they would test it as well as send out a new one. If this one failed , then they offered to let me send the gun itself in so they could try and find out what was happening. Very polite over the phone. But now I am trying to register the product so I can send it in, but for the life of me I cannot find a serial number on it. Would this be on the packaging?

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE: So after a bit of phone tag (my fault, hard to catch me when we are treating pts. in the hallways) I finally got free to call them today. Spoke with a nice woman who directed me to Tim. He mentioned this was a first for him for this, but there were a couple possibilities (locktite from bolt assembly, port exhaust blockage, etc.) He recommended to send the bolt in and they would test it as well as send out a new one. If this one failed , then they offered to let me send the gun itself in so they could try and find out what was happening. Very polite over the phone. But now I am trying to register the product so I can send it in, but for the life of me I cannot find a serial number on it. Would this be on the packaging?
    The serial number should be on the marker.
    Last edited by Ogemow; 01-25-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: I thought we were talking about a different. marker.... lol
    Click this blue link to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...mowProductions

Click this blue link to go to my Youtube channel

Feedback Score
    hmmm cant seem to find anywhere on the Internet on what you want.... serial numbers will always be on the marker.(Exception:my PMI doesnt have one as far as I can see) I would call Tippmann and ask where it would hide, and for the bolt,I would call TechT as Ethan recommended.

Feedback Score
    I think he is referring to the SN of the Bolt. Yes I believe the part number and SN are in the Package ... You should see a sticker in there with a "Certified Serial No." (Mine is TP051-734780-10M.) I hope that helps!
    Active:
    Several

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast