Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Magfed vs TacCap vs Limited Paint

      
   
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0

    Magfed vs TacCap vs Limited Paint

    We recently went down to Command Decisions and played a game that was advertised as a magfed game, but allowed tac caps and stick fed capable markers. We as a group down there came to a conclusion that those that use a tac cap are still at a very big advantage because they can just shoot and fill at the same time w/out any " reloading of a mag " or " refilling a tube ".

    I believe that any magfed/TacCap game should also be limited paint. There would only be a slight advantage if someone with a tac cap but if they only have 100 paintballs total then they could shoot threw them as fast as they want and it wouldn't matter. I just feel that trying to say magfed, but allowing a tac cap are totally different. I have shot a tac cap before with a speedfeed or even leaving it open to refill as you shoot without stopping.

    So what do you all think about tac caps in magfed games???
    Do you think that if it's not all " magfed markers " then it should be limited paint???

    I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    6,308
    Blog Entries
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't mind playing against players w/ higher rates of fire or higher caps than me - just adds a bit to the challenge. But, in the spirit of the game, keep the max paint the same - tac cap or Rotor, or mag fed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,500
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    keep the max paint the same - tac cap or Rotor, or mag fed
    Pretty much this. As long as the total paint count is the same I say let em waste it while I make mine count
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    49
    Feedback Score
    0
    Were they allowing full (75 round) taccaps or partials (25 round) ?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,784
    Feedback Score
    0
    Pumps should always be allowed, as well, especially SC ones!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0
    1. I agree that it's fun to play against the full autos as I always play with my pistol in whatever type of game that I might be playing. My arguement is the fact that if you are going to call something a magfed game to promote that type of gameplay and style but going to allow TacCaps too then there should be a limited amount of ammo per person per situation or scenario.

    2. They were allowing whatever type of TacCap.

    3. I love playing pump, but if you are trying to stick to a " magfed " type game then I think that only tube fed or 10rnd holder should be allowed.

    I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    267
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WCP Squirrel View Post
    1. I agree that it's fun to play against the full autos as I always play with my pistol in whatever type of game that I might be playing. My arguement is the fact that if you are going to call something a magfed game to promote that type of gameplay and style but going to allow TacCaps too then there should be a limited amount of ammo per person per situation or scenario.

    2. They were allowing whatever type of TacCap.

    3. I love playing pump, but if you are trying to stick to a " magfed " type game then I think that only tube fed or 10rnd holder should be allowed.
    This logic is undeniable.
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks Reerun !

    I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    if you say "pump/pistol" game then...NO SEMI'S...I feel my openclass Phantom is,almost, too much fire power for a "pump/pistol" game! I rock twin T-8's/Phantom against any gun anytime tho!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    1,500
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tick View Post
    if you say "pump/pistol" game then...NO SEMI'S...I feel my openclass Phantom is,almost, too much fire power for a "pump/pistol" game! I rock twin T-8's/Phantom against any gun anytime tho!
    T-8s are semis...
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    22
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
    T-8s are semis...
    Mag-fed/limited paint...not the same as batteries!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Azilda, ON, Canada
    Posts
    470
    Feedback Score
    0
    just going to throw it out there that my 98 doesnt use batteries.... but the T-8s are pistols so yeah

    It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tick View Post
    if you say "pump/pistol" game then...NO SEMI'S...I feel my openclass Phantom is,almost, too much fire power for a "pump/pistol" game! I rock twin T-8's/Phantom against any gun anytime tho!
    I'm the same way. I rock my pistol all the time. I don't care the gametype or event. I just think if you are going to have a magfed event then there needs to be a limit on the paint you carry if you are going to allow all types of markers to be used also.

    I still havent been to a true magfed game but I hope to here soon down at PBC

    I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    Posts
    694
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebiteloo View Post
    just going to throw it out there that my 98 doesnt use batteries.... but the T-8s are pistols so yeah
    Your 98 may not use batteries but do you have a magfed conversion kit on her? Or use a tac cap?

    I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Posts
    985
    Feedback Score
    0
    I personally think that magazine fed is a superior choice because your sight picture is much better then with a tac cap. Yet it may not have the reload time, yet it's more or less a trade off. But then again it also depends if you have another magazine attached to the one in the gun in the first place or a cuplor to allow that fast reload.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Bay CA
    Posts
    943
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WCP Squirrel View Post
    I'm the same way. I rock my pistol all the time. I don't care the gametype or event. I just think if you are going to have a magfed event then there needs to be a limit on the paint you carry if you are going to allow all types of markers to be used also.

    I still havent been to a true magfed game but I hope to here soon down at PBC
    The endwar games from rap4 out here were fun, huge field this was the field http://www.thepaintballzone.com/ something like 40 acres. combat happened everywhere on the map, and the mag fed kept everyone without a box mag down to a half case
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.




  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Van city!
    Posts
    1,633
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    so whats your thought on box mags for mag fed?

    it would be the same or even more then a tac cap.

    I still use my tac pods for cyclone (35 and 30rndrs) that was mag fed before it was cool (affordable)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    South Bay CA
    Posts
    943
    Feedback Score
    0
    Box mags are like having electric cyclones, yes they are technically "magfed" and should be tolerated to a point, but I dont think it is the complete spirit of the Magfed idea, mag fed to me is having 4 to 5 mags that will have to be changed out, not having a giant reserve of paint to spray. its effectively putting a hopper on the bottom of the gun.
    Last edited by a43; 02-18-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.




  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Van city!
    Posts
    1,633
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by a43 View Post
    Box mags are like having electric cyclones, yes they are technically "magfed" and should be tolerated to a point, but I dont think it is the complete spirit of the Magfed idea, mag fed to me is having 4 to 5 mags that will have to be changed out, not having a giant reserve of paint to spray. its effectively putting a hopper on the bottom of the gun.
    oh I agree but if the OP was not liking the tac cap idea then box mags should be in same category
    since they are technically mag fed.

    too many fine lines for them just to limited it to mags.

    think of the tac cap guys as support gunners since they have a quicker reload

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    765
    Blog Entries
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, the Nautilus is what? 250 rds?

    If it's on a SAW replica, or similar, I can see it. And they're welcome to it. I've not heard any good things about them, so I'm not about to waste my coin. Let 'em waste the cash, in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •