Thread: Spyder E-MR5

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Spyder E-MR5

Anyone else used/seen this gun? It just came out, and for $250, for a Dual Loading System; hopper feed and Mag feed with First Round Strike, board with Semi, Burst and Full Auto, I kinda want it... It it had eyes it would even better. Here's ANS quick Vid of it:

Feedback Score
    hey look a DAM for 1150$ less.... is that what it costs to print dye on the side of a gun and instal eyes? ok now let the hate begin i get that there is other stuff on the DAM but seriously is there that much more as to be worth 1400$?... not that i would buy a spider anyway (ive had 2 just about explode in my hands)

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebiteloo View Post
    hey look a DAM for 1150$ less.... is that what it costs to print dye on the side of a gun and instal eyes? ok now let the hate begin i get that there is other stuff on the DAM but seriously is there that much more as to be worth 1400$?... not that i would buy a spider anyway (ive had 2 just about explode in my hands)
    nice.. I tried the MRX and it was Okay didnt like how the Mags were done though. it has a metal catch and can you can forget in the middle of a shoot out and just dry fire, not like the T68 mags were the spring catch is activated when put in the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by melkson View Post
    carefully, and with a lot of beer.
    Purple/Orange BL Insight| Dye Cubix Jersey|Empire 68/45|ACU Sly Profits|

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakebiteloo View Post
    i get that there is other stuff on the DAM but seriously is there that much more as to be worth 1400$?
    Quality and the fact that they can and people will still buy it...

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hater View Post
    Quality and the fact that they can and people will still buy it...
    Definitely got quality there but still if spider can make the same thing is it really worth more than $1000?

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was thinking that today as I was driving. This gun is just about the same as a DAM. But hey, companies will charge whatever they "feel" is right. I still wanna feel this MR5-E.

Feedback Score
    I highly doubt it's "about the same as a DAM" except that it matches the following criteria:
    - It's a paintball marker
    - It shoots first strike rounds

Hustle Paintball put out a very thorough video about the DAM, and while I still feel it's a bit pricey, it's certainly on a level above most other magfed markers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, not about the same, but it's almost the same style just cheaper. Perfect for a budget baller like me.

Feedback Score
    A little late reply, but here goes. I had bought the Spyder E-MR5 and itís a great marker. Has some weight to it feeling like a real gun, but not bad. Shoots really good on semi and 3 round burst. I wasnít as impressed with the full auto mode. It did fine, but did chop paint more then I would of liked. I was running a Vmax hopper with it. The mags are pretty cool to and shoots first strike no problem. I liked the versatility of having mag feed and hopper. For the mag feed though you really need first strike or a less brittle paint like regular field paint or Draxxus training so not to bust paintballs. The little clip on the mag feed is pretty easy to use despite some not liking it. I load the paint in there and donít click the metal clip up until Iím ready to use the mag so not to chance dimpling the balls, especially since I usually run with the hopper and use the mag as a backup.
    The maintenance on it was pretty easy. Out of the box it fired great to. I was seeing 268-280 fps range at different tank pressures. I did try turning up velocity on it and really didnít get anymore than that, but may be because itís not broken in yet.
    Still loved the marker, but did end up selling it to my close friend to help my funds to get a Dye Dam. For those that ask, yes there is a big difference between the two beside the price. Is the Dye Dam worth the extra $$ is totally up to the buyer.