Thread: TiPX Efficiency

Feedback Score

TiPX Efficiency

I just got a sweet Boxing Day deal on the tan TiPX ($150!), I tested it out a bit, it leaked at first, but I took it apart, cleaned, and re-greased everything and now it's fine. But it doesn't get a ton of shots out of a CO2. Maybe 2.5 clips. (~18 shots)

Is this normal? I'd like to see if I can get at least an even 3 clips out of it. I've heard you can achieve this with the TechT spring kit, allowing you to lower the pressure on the reg a little. Or are some CO2 cartridges just not as filled as others?

I also have a KT Eraser, which due to the 43cal paint gets many, many shots from a single CO2 cartridge. (60-80)
    Last edited by Snausage; 12-26-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    hey man I've been playing with the TPX since they first came out. (i think my serial number is like 5000). but heres the info your looking for:

personally I have NEVER had a leak... so it was probably an issue with a slight part being a little bit off or lack of grease since that seemed to fix it. My biggest suggestion would be learn how to put the cartridges in properly. Or you can blow o-rings in your marker and screw things up. As for the clip efficiency. 2.5 is about right. I was disappointed when I first shot it and learned that 2.5 is the correct efficiency, but you get used to it and make sure the shots count more. I would really recommend a remote line as people tend to enjoy the marker more... personally I use the Cartridges since I find it more fun.

so basically the TPX is a bit of an air whore... but its totally worth it when you get that rewarding hit on your opponent.
    I'm an artist, paintball is my medium, and the other team is my canvas.

5 Markers F/S - 2 Ego 08, Etek 3 AM, LE Epiphany, ATS +

Feedback Score
    I found that the CO2 can be finicky.... If you're hammering out 3 clips in a row you'll burn it up, but I find if you take a couple shots, wait, take a couple more, wait... you can squeeze 3 sometimes 4 clips out of a single CO2, it also depends a lot on the ambient temperature as CO2 is a refrigerant it's less effective in cold weather... It really comes down to knowing your pistol and what you can squeeze out of it....

As an added tip.... I like to drop a loose ball into the gun before I carefully put my first clip in... that way you have 7 in the clip and 1 already in the chamber... sometimes that one ball can make a difference.... especially with a pistol...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to just get used to it I suppose.

Feedback Score
    One other thing I was thinking of:

If I run out of CO2 in the middle of a clip, can I just swap in a new cartridge and keep going?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yep! no need to take out the clip
    I'm an artist, paintball is my medium, and the other team is my canvas.

5 Markers F/S - 2 Ego 08, Etek 3 AM, LE Epiphany, ATS +

Feedback Score
    Cool; thanks.

Feedback Score
    i had the same problem when i first got my TiPX as well, although i paid almost 300$ for mine -_- i was getting 3 mags and maybe another 2 or 3 shots out of mine after some break in (in warm weather anyway) and then i put in the delrin bolt and got to a pretty solid 4 mags (the last shot or 2 is kinda week but still breaks)

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    The issue i have with my TiPX is the Velocity mine will shoot at 350fps then 230fps then 300fps then 350fps then 225fps and so on it is very hard to adjust to make the refs agree on it when the max FPS on the field is only 260fps...

Feedback Score
    i find that if i adjust the velocity down bellow 200FPS i can usually adjust it back up without the huge spikes and inconsistencies. i dont know if that will help you any but it seems to work pretty good for me normally trying to set mine at 260 - 270

Feedback Score
    I don't understand all the bad efficiency from some the other tpxs.

I haven't been a tpx user that long, but when I purchased mine I got the techt mrt bolt and installed it right away. My fps stays right at 270 +/-5 which is normal for any marker I've owned. I only use co2 cartridges and I'm getting 30 shots regularly.

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    My friend used his this weekend and got about 3.5 mags out of a Co2 cartridge.
    GRIZZLIES Co Founder
    New Paintball team founded by TVirus & Myself, here to enjoy the game. We play scenario, woods, speed, and tourney ball. Members from all around the US contact me for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
    I use that to clean my b...err glass, ya glass
    gets all the grime out there

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    My friend used his this weekend and got about 3.5 mags out of a Co2 cartridge.
    Thank you. I'm glad to see that there is someone else getting good results.
    Do you know if his gun is stock?

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    Yup straight out the box completely stock.
    GRIZZLIES Co Founder
    New Paintball team founded by TVirus & Myself, here to enjoy the game. We play scenario, woods, speed, and tourney ball. Members from all around the US contact me for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
    I use that to clean my b...err glass, ya glass
    gets all the grime out there

Feedback Score
    i was wondering the same thing, anyone using a remote line on a co2 tank?
    TooRAW Assassin
    Assassin Alliance
    On Our Team or In Our Sights

Feedback Score
    Off beat question. I'm a lot of having breaks lately. Granted my paint is a little old but that would explain the accuracy issues I'm having. Is there a upgrade out there to make it softer on paint? Bolt? Springs? Also apart from the mrt bolt what would help improve consistency and efficiency?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WCP Bishop View Post
    Off beat question. I'm a lot of having breaks lately. Granted my paint is a little old but that would explain the accuracy issues I'm having. Is there a upgrade out there to make it softer on paint? Bolt? Springs? Also apart from the mrt bolt what would help improve consistency and efficiency?
    What are you running for FPS?
    The MRT bolt might work other wise i think there might be a spring kit but im not sure. If there is it might be better than the bolt.

Feedback Score
    This gun is brand new and I was anywhere between 240 and 280. It's not nearly what I'd like it to be but I understand it being a new gun

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a tipx and I'm getting another one tomorrow. I can't wait to get out in the spring and get going.