Thread: The Guinea Pig patch and the inovator patch?

Feedback Score

The Guinea Pig patch and the inovator patch?

I think a patch is worth it for these two special types of people. Those who are willing to test and review guns and/or gear and post their review. These players are a special breed who are not afraid to speak their mind on a piece of kit that they take a look at.

The innovator patch: This patch is reserved for those players who think outside the box in terms of marker and/or gear customization. This patch can also extend to those budget ballers who show what your can do with the gear that they have and provide more then just a standard configuration and show it can be multidimensional and have more options then what was originally thought.

Ideas?

Feedback Score
    I imagine all of us enjoy testing/reviewing equipment. If the sole purpose of The Guinea Pig patch is to generate a couple bucks through purchase, then sure, good idea. But it doesn't seem like something that would differentiate one person from the next since pretty much all of us here would love to play with new things we haven't gotten our hands on in the past.

As far as an Innovator patch goes, I think The Tinkerer patch covers this or is close enough to be considered the same.

That's just my two cents. I am curious to see what others think.
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reerun View Post
    I am curious to see what others think.
    I am as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Nahh..

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reerun View Post
    I imagine all of us enjoy testing/reviewing equipment. If the sole purpose of The Guinea Pig patch is to generate a couple bucks through purchase, then sure, good idea. But it doesn't seem like something that would differentiate one person from the next since pretty much all of us here would love to play with new things we haven't gotten our hands on in the past.
    Nuff said.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    I feel like Innovator is a little strong for thinking out of the box, as far as a patch goes. I feel like that word would hold a lot of meaning and respect if people had it, and when I think of "innovation" in an industry, I think more manufacturing than anything else.

As for Guinea Pig, can you elaborate on the idea a little? I am having trouble visualizing how the term could apply in paintball, other than testing every other piece of gear you can get your hands on.. which Pack Rat covers.

I like it when new patch ideas come out, while we're at it, let's think of more!

Feedback Score
    Guinea pig makes me think more of testing stuff on you that you don't really want to do.

As in do you want to be a guinea pig for for your wife's/gf new recipe......
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    Guinea pig makes me think more of testing stuff on you that you don't really want to do.

As in do you want to be a guinea pig for for your wife's/gf new recipe......
    wonder who the guinea pig was for FS rounds when they were testing them lol

Feedback Score
    Well Ginnie pig is really that. You're testing equipment like masks in some cases it would require wearing a mask that us bring tested. Another good example is with the airsoft body armor and allowing your friend to shoot you in the groin protector to see if it really works.