Thread: Tri Flow on delrin bolt?

Feedback Score

Tri Flow on delrin bolt?

Can I put tri flow on a delrin bolt and will it make the pump action more fluid?

Feedback Score
    You shouldn't lube delrin. Delrin is a supposed self lubricating material. Lubes also tend to attract and trap dirt and debri. Its why you want to use them sparingly. And mainly just on orings.

What marker and is the pump action hanging up? Or does it just seem too stiff?
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    I was just curios because I was watching som videos on line of some one with a T2, and he recommended putting triflow on the delrin bolt.

Feedback Score
    HeDidIt nailed it. Don't buy into the whole "don't oil delrin, it'll make it swell" nonsense. Any low quality piece of delrin that soaks up oil like that is going to cause issues for your gun regardless

It won't damage your bolt, but it's often unnecessary, other than on o-rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    But I guess I can see putting triflow on the pump rod would help though?

Feedback Score
    You can certainly oil your pump rods as well - it'll SLIGHTLY decrease any friction.

I put a slight dab of Pathogen Super Grease on my pump arms - I don't think it really does anything but reduce wear on the anodize a bit... I'm sure it slightly lessens the pump stroke - but it's so light, that it's barely noticeable

The reason I use lube versus an oil like triflow is because lube is more viscous, and will stick to the pump arm better without dripping off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    You can certainly oil your pump rods as well - it'll SLIGHTLY decrease any friction.

I put a slight dab of Pathogen Super Grease on my pump arms - I don't think it really does anything but reduce wear on the anodize a bit... I'm sure it slightly lessens the pump stroke - but it's so light, that it's barely noticeable

The reason I use lube versus an oil like triflow is because lube is more viscous, and will stick to the pump arm better without dripping off.
    There some awesome dirty jokes hidden in there somewhere...
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Feedback Score
    now now.. there are children here!
    (had to look twice)
    Quote Originally Posted by melkson View Post
    carefully, and with a lot of beer.
    Purple/Orange BL Insight| Dye Cubix Jersey|Empire 68/45|ACU Sly Profits|