Thread: New Blitz Evo

Feedback Score

New Blitz Evo

I've been doing some reading regarding the Blitz and the Envy. There seems to be a lot of agreement that the Envy is better than the Blitz at that general price tag. Now I noticed there is the new Blitz Evo that just came out and I read about the improvements. To be honest, a lot of it is just words to me since I am just getting back into the sport.

My question is, are the improvements to this new Blitz (that bring it up to 200 buckeroonies) enough to make it compete with something like an Envy? And heck, were the opinions I read about the Envy being better correct in the first place?

I know these are pretty entry level markers we're talking about but I'm trying to work my way up the chain. I'm not trying to buy super expensive toys until I know more about what I'm doing.

So yeah, thoughts on this new Blitz Envy? Or is there something you guys have experience with that is better for 200 bucks? Thaaaaanks!
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I'd rather give my money to Azodin than Gog, but they're both good bang for your buck, entry level electros.

(disclaimer: that's coming from someone whose scenario team/club thing is sponsored by Azodin)

side note: have you thought about playing pump? The Kaos Pump is a lot of fun for the money, too!

Feedback Score
    For just a little more, you could pick up an Etek3. Far better than both markers IMO. You can find Etek3lts in good condition for around $250. They are super easy to tech and can do everything you would want a marker to do.
    Unofficial Pack Elephant and Gun Whore of the CFLL.
    Current Darkside Markers:
    Active:
    Several
    Active Reserve: Many, Many More
    Retired from Active Service: A few wall hangers that are still 100% functional

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sentimental with everything I buy so I usually don't buy things used. It's a burden and a curse! (more of a burden) Oh well, in a couple months I'll probably post a similar thread asking the same kind of questions regarding the next tier of markers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reerun View Post
    I'm pretty sentimental with everything I buy so I usually don't buy things used. It's a burden and a curse! (more of a burden) Oh well, in a couple months I'll probably post a similar thread asking the same kind of questions regarding the next tier of markers.
    I am the same way. Though the times I have folded and gotten used things, I have typically been very happy.

Feedback Score
    Azodin has a way of taking old tried and true designs and making them at a good price with a high standard of quality.

I'd go Blitz - disclaimer: I loathe gog
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    Bah....for a bit more you get an Extcy new. Destroys both....

And for what its worth....I use and Extcy.....

Or depending what ya wanna do....they got the new mech out too. GoG that is.

Come to the dark side. I have smorze.....
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SN toter View Post
    I'd go Blitz - disclaimer: I loathe gog
    I've seen this before. Any logical reasons why this is the case or is it the old Microsoft vs. Sony argument which imo has no real winner....

Feedback Score
    Because GoG is basically Smart Parts. And Smart Parts did not play well with others.

In buisness....someone has to be the bad guys. Smart Parts filled the role.

But for me.....I really don't care much about it. And yes I understand it angers people. But then I only have to make me happy....for my reasons. And a cheap but reliable marker makes me happy.
    Last edited by HeDidIt; 12-17-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    Because GoG is basically Smart Parts. And Smart Parts did not play well with others.

In buisness....someone has to be the bad guys. Smart Parts filled the role.

But for me.....I really don't care much about it. And yes I understand it angers people. But then I only have to make me happy....for my reasons. And a cheap but reliable marker makes me happy.
    Something like that. I've hated that ocmpany for well over a decade for various reasons. Yeah, GoG is pretty much the same and while I'm sure the Envy is fine, I'd rather give money for a new marker to a company I respect. Azodin also has absolute top-knotch customer service and really reliable markers, in my experience.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, Smart Parts did a lot of damage to the paintball industry with their lawsuits... and that has left MANY people with negative feelings towards them.

Now that they are back as GOG, it's the same stuff, different day for me, though they are MUCH more subdued

My rep @ Smart Parts, and now GOG, is one of our favorites - he's definitely a fantastic reflection of the company, even though his bosses don't have the best track record... I know that he will solve any issue that comes up, and will always do our mutual customers right. With that in mind, I can recommend GOG guns in good faith. But if you've got a beef w/ the Gardner brothers, I'm the last person to fault you for that

There is a reason that gifs like this started appearing when Smart Parts' attorneys started winding up...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Yeah, Smart Parts did a lot of damage to the paintball industry with their lawsuits... and that has left MANY people with negative feelings towards them.

Now that they are back as GOG, it's the same stuff, different day for me, though they are MUCH more subdued

My rep @ Smart Parts, and now GOG, is one of our favorites - he's definitely a fantastic reflection of the company, even though his bosses don't have the best track record... I know that he will solve any issue that comes up, and will always do our mutual customers right. With that in mind, I can recommend GOG guns in good faith. But if you've got a beef w/ the Gardner brothers, I'm the last person to fault you for that

There is a reason that gifs like this started appearing when Smart Parts' attorneys started winding up...

Their truck at the IAO ('03 or '04, I don't remember) was liberally plastered with those stickers.

Feedback Score
    Informative answers! I like information. I appreciate the knowledge. Time to think of names for an Azodin.

Feedback Score
    ive got a 2011 blitz, it leaked like a siv out of the box. got in touch with CS and they talked me through trouble shooting and sent me parts and such and when that didnt work they emailed me a shipping label and i sent it to them and they fixed it. although they told me that all it needed was a good cleaning that there was nothing wrong with it and when next i opened it up to do maintenance i noticed they had swapped the valve to a different style than the original and swapped out my cup seal (the original had an orange stain on it) while its no real big deal they could have told me this instead of saying it was dirty especially since it had never been used before. but they did try to trouble shoot with me so i wouldnt have to send it back and then paid all shipping when it was inevitable and fixed it quickly. ive had no issues other than a small o-ring in the bottom of the reg that shreds pretty easily and seems to be a common occurrence with these things its no biggie though once you do it the first time its a breeze lol. i would recommend them as a good low end gun.

edit: guys at my field are also having alot of trouble keeping their SP and gog markers running consistantly FPS wise, just last weekend a guy couldnt get his marker to shoot within field regulations, so he gave up and grabbed a backup gun wich was a tippman :-/ other than having to replace the reg oring a few times and bad macro my blitz hasnt gone down, and i havent had to mess with my velocity in almost a year.
    Last edited by StoPump00; 09-09-2013 at 01:16 PM.