Thread: New To Me BL V1 Victory

Feedback Score

New To Me BL V1 Victory

Hello Everyone, in my ever evolving and changing Arsenal of paint filled gelatin sphere launching devices, I have added a Bob Long V1 Victory to the Arsenal for now. I'm impressed that I aired it up and had no leaks ... LOL ... I'll be trying her out this weekend at Blitz, probably on Saturday, so I'll let you know what I think of it after that.
    for now, Pics!

Enjoy!
    Unofficial Pack Elephant and Gun Whore of the CFLL.
    Current Darkside Markers:
    Active:
    Several
    Active Reserve: Many, Many More
    Retired from Active Service: A few wall hangers that are still 100% functional

Feedback Score
    You at least test fired it yet? How's it feel?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yay, enjoy it!! The Victory platforms feel really, really damn good when you fire them. The weight transfer in them makes for very little barrel rise when roping, but you still get to enjoy the feel of some feedback and a rather loud, snappy shot!
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    I have dry-fired it twice, and it is a loud marker; louder than my Egos. I plan on running her early in the day on Sunday and then switching to the new to me Vego 11 I picked up last week. My plan for the Vic, if I liked it and decide to keep it, was to have it anodized pink instead of red ... but I just picked up a lightly used Geo 3 with a midnight and bubblegum parts swap ... So Midnight and Pink ... Looks good in the pics, we'll see how she looks in person, but that will fill the Pink marker need I think.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    I have dry-fired it twice, and it is a loud marker; louder than my Egos. I plan on running her early in the day on Sunday and then switching to the new to me Vego 11 I picked up last week. My plan for the Vic, if I liked it and decide to keep it, was to have it anodized pink instead of red ... but I just picked up a lightly used Geo 3 with a midnight and bubblegum parts swap ... So Midnight and Pink ... Looks good in the pics, we'll see how she looks in person, but that will fill the Pink marker need I think.
    If you don't have the pressure test, I highly recommend getting it! The supercharged engine is also nice if you like to go through more than 4-5 pods between tank fills. 4c eyes are not worth it IMO if you get the pillow bolt, one or the other is enough to handle really brittle paint. And at least on my brothers, the pink light looks white, and the white light looks pink when setting the board
    Mile High Saints #7
    Current Collection:
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    It did come with the pressure tester, but I'm still not sure what I'm doing with it, as this is the first marker I have had in a very long time where I needed to use one. I know it is to set the LPR in relation to the HPR and making sure you have a good starting point to adjust velocity; I know ... I;m clueless ... It also has the supper charged engine in it, and the 2C eyes. It does have a very soft face on the bolt, but I'm not sure if it is a pillow bolt or not. I was planning on taking it to Hustle with me today when I pickup paint and air to see if they could help me understand how to set that LPR pressure.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It did come with the pressure tester, but I'm still not sure what I'm doing with it, as this is the first marker I have had in a very long time where I needed to use one. I know it is to set the LPR in relation to the HPR and making sure you have a good starting point to adjust velocity; I know ... I;m clueless ... It also has the supper charged engine in it, and the 2C eyes. It does have a very soft face on the bolt, but I'm not sure if it is a pillow bolt or not. I was planning on taking it to Hustle with me today when I pickup paint and air to see if they could help me understand how to set that LPR pressure.
    A rubber faced bolt is the pillow bolt

Per pbnation sticky, tuning guide. Once you get it fine tuned, stick the pressure tester in and right down the pressures. Very helpful after cleaning so you can immediately set your gun back to its sweet spot.

Below is a guide that *should* get your marker firing decently if you are in a jam and don't have your pressure tester handy. As always - if you can, use a tester and set things up with that. Always chrono your marker after adjusting pressures and say "Hi" to the BLAST techs when you see them at an event.

Regulator Adjustment:

The High Pressure Regulator is located in the front grip; its adjustment screw is located at the bottom of the grip.
    The Low Pressure Regulator is enclosed within the body and frame of the Victory, its adjustment screw access hole is located in the grip frame at the front of the trigger guard.
    Caution: The front body mount screw is located between the LPR adjustment screw and HP Regulator. It is important that this screw remains snug.

This is a method of setting your regulators to approximate factory settings without the aid of a pressure tester.
    With both regulators, turning clockwise (in) increases pressure and turning counter-clockwise (out) decreases pressure.

1. Degas marker before beginning adjustments.
    2. Set the HPR to flush with the bottom of the regulator and the LPR turned fully in.
    3. Then adjust the LPR setting to 1 turns out/counter-clockwise.
    4. Turn the ASA on to gas up the marker.
    5. Slowly turn up the HPR adjustment screw until you hear air flowing into the regulator then make one complete additional turn.
    6. Adjust the HPR at chronograph by 1/16 of a turn (15-25 degrees) between readings until reaching desired velocity.

If the marker is unable to reach desired velocity:
    7. Return the HPR adjustment screw to the position from step #2, increase the LPR by 1/8 turns in.
    8. Re-chronograph and adjust HPR by 1/16 of a turn (15-25 degrees) until reaching desired velocity.
    9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 if necessary.

Q: What pressures with a pressure tester and the Supercharged engine?
    A: 75 on the LPR and 190 provide good starting points. Adjust your High pressure to chrono.

Mile High Saints #7
    Current Collection:

Feedback Score
    Thanks man, that is a lot easier than I was making out to be. Looks like the LPR is right at 75 to 80 and the HPR is just about 200. We'll see how she shoots this weekend. I'll report back! or should that be:
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    Well, now that I have had more experience with shooting and maintaining the Victory Marq engine, I'm really impressed.
    I did send that Red V1 to a gent as a partial trade for a Black and Pink Ripper Victory with 4Ceyes and a Tadao OLED board. She shoots amazing, but it feels identical to the V1 which it should as the engine is the same ... So I may be using the Ripper in a trade for a Luxe ... working on that now. But I did pick up another V1, pictured below that also has a Tadao OLED board and 4c eyes, and it is heading to get some custom Ano work by Laser my gun; This one (Valerie) is a keeper! She is staying in my arsenal, and who knows, Victoria (Ripper Vic) may as well.
    I just love the milling of the V1 Vic and they can be had for 1/2 the price of the Ripper. While it is not as smooth as the Tac Drone was, I prefer how it shoots over other high-end markers that I own and have used. We'll see what I think after I try the Geo3.
    I'm sure I'll have more ramblings about the Victories and their Marq engine as I use them more, so be warned.

Last edited by Big Papa Pink; 01-24-2013 at 02:27 PM.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    I got in a new V-Com engine today from Bob Long Direct. This is the Victory Change Over Motor, or the Spool Valve engine for the Victory. I have dry-fired it a few times to help set it in and seal, and I have to say this is one quiet engine; quieter than the Clone GT or Luxe. I'll be using it next weekend at Blitz, as sadly I have other obligations this coming weekend.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the spool motor as I have a vcom on the way. If its quieter than a clone gt or luxe I imagine I should be happy!

Feedback Score
    Okay, this is an update ....
    So what can I say about the VCom Spool Engine for a Victory? HOLY F*%$&$# SH#*#^~!!!!!!!!!!!
    Brand new VCom engine with LPR set to 65 or 70 and HPR set to 150. Dwell at 8, all other settings stock.
    First Crono: 277, 277, 278, 277 ... Um .... Not touching that.
    1500 Rounds later: 275, 277, 278, 277 ... UNREAL!

As Quiet as any marker I have ever shot, and as smooth as a Clone GT ... SMOOTHER than a Luxe ... It shot better than my luxe ... Still can't get over that ... in a package that is almost as good feeling in the hands ... Shot two cases through her (including some paint for "official" efficiency numbers) with no leaks, no issues of any kind ... just an awesome day(I was 12 to 15 to 1 ... a lot of walk-ons). It put paint where I wanted it just like the Geo3, easier to aim than the luxe, seemed to have a flatter shot which I know is all in how the round looks coming out of the barrel, but it was as easy to aim as the GEO3, which is easier than the luxe or GT ... for me.
    I was thinking about ordering a new Luxe through Hustle, but that may change to a new custom anodized Vcom. I just can't say enough about how the marker performed ... I need to get my thoughts together for the High-end marker shootout ... But I'm very impressed. About the same efficiency as a new Luxe 2.0, which is less than a Clone GT, so that is the only weakness I can find. If you are thinking about picking up a VCom engine for a previous generation Victory, I say do it. I just had such an awesome day using it, I didn't even think about the Geo 3 in the trunk of the car.

Pic:
    Last edited by Big Papa Pink; 05-06-2013 at 05:13 AM.
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    I Loved the Vcom engine so much that I picked up another Victory in a trade. A true Vcom Victory in Tactical Warlord trim. Enjoy!
    Active:
    Several

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I Loved the Vcom engine so much that I picked up another Victory in a trade. A true Vcom Victory in Tactical Warlord trim. Enjoy!
    Nice to see you using it today So golden and shiny!
    Mile High Saints #7
    Current Collection: