Feedback Score

Freak Inserst vs. TechT iFit Kit

What is better to buy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
    What is better to buy?
    You'll get a split answer. Really, they both do the same thing

For the sake of opinion/answer, iFit. Why? Because I use it. Hah..! Also, it's smaller and I don't need a Freak barrel to use the inserts. I can use whatever barrel I want (as long as it works for the adapter, obviously).
    You'll be fine with either one. People that use a Freak will say it's fantastic for them and that's the way to go. One of those things really..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Luso View Post
    it's smaller and I don't need a Freak barrel to use the inserts. I can use whatever barrel I want .
    I like being able to use what ever barrel I want as well. I think I am leaning more to the iFit know.
    Last edited by Luso; 11-30-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yes, the iFIT, for sure. Better tolerances, more versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    In my experience, the longer control bore of the Freak kit is a significant advantage over the iFit. The iFit seemed to work well for me with my Tippmanns and Cocker threaded markers, but the Freak kit is more consistent and accurate throughout the day; it seems to be more paint tolerant. Meaning that the quality of paint effects results less with the Freak than it did with the iFit, again I suspect because of the longer control bore. The advantage of the iFit is it can use any barrel front depending on threads … one thing to be careful of though, do not use a barrel that has a tighter bore than your iFit insert… It does not end well in most cases.
    Unofficial Pack Elephant and Gun Whore of the CFLL.
    Current Darkside Markers:
    Active:
    Several
    Active Reserve: Many, Many More
    Retired from Active Service: A few wall hangers that are still 100% functional

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Yes, the iFIT, for sure. Better tolerances, more versatility.

Better tolerance of what?

Feedback Score
    Another vote for iFit. Quality on some of the Freak kits has been pretty hit and miss.

And I love being able to use whatever barrel I want.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    six of one, half dozen of the other for the most part. any kit is better than no kit, though longer control bores do offer a minimal increase in efficiency.

Admittedly, I loathe SP, but I like my Freak. While i've seen Freak inserts nowhere near their stated size, fit and finish is always good, and maybe I got lucky - my sizes are near perfect to their marked bore. Granted, I use my brass sub-.680 inserts more than anything else these days, but I always have good results.

Feedback Score
    I LOVE my Deadly Wind barrel with the freak insert. But as others have more or less said, what matters is your bore not what kit you're using.
    "Where's my pod?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
    Better tolerance of what?
    Better tolerances of the inserts, meaning that on an iFIT - when it says "0.685" on it, it will ACTUALLY be 0.685 inches. On a Freak kit... a 0.685 (or whatever the Freak has) could be off by 0.003 or more. Smart Parts' machining tolerances are based largely on imagination and positive thinking
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Even so, we size paint by fit... At the end of the day, the number is purely coincidental.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Better tolerances of the inserts, meaning that on an iFIT - when it says "0.685" on it, it will ACTUALLY be 0.685 inches. On a Freak kit... a 0.685 (or whatever the Freak has) could be off by 0.003 or more. Smart Parts' machining tolerances are based largely on imagination and positive thinking
    Hahaha I just loled at that last part

Feedback Score
    For sure, but if a company has such poor tolerances that the number doesn't match the reality... how bad is the rest of their system?

I'm an anti-freak guy for a variety of reasons.

Feedback Score
    I'm an anti-SP guy for a number of reasons. The Freak I'm ok with, though, especially when shooting other people's brass inserts through one of my bored barrels or Deadlywind barrels. The versatility is without compare.

Feedback Score
    if you are using A5 threads, gotta avoid freak, you will otherwise make paint soup (due to the sizer not sitting flush with the barrel)
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!

Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure I am going with the iFit kit. I have been hearing bad things about the freak kit quality, and accuracy of bore on here and other online paintball forums. Case Closed !

Feedback Score
    For the iFit....buy the bigger kit! Spend it now so you don't spend more later. I have used every size in the larger kit!
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    I plan on it.

Feedback Score
    Ifit kit for sure!

Feedback Score
    My IFit with the DW Null barrel has been pretty amazing. I got the 6 piece kit and haven't had any problems yet, but I would have got the 9 piece if I had done it over again (better to have it and not use it as opposed to not having it and needing it).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast