Thread: Movies for the spooky time of the year

Feedback Score

Movies for the spooky time of the year

I am one you would call a nerd for this time of the year. I see AMC and they play some of the oldest and most classic monster movies from the golden age of cinema (30's). Yet, we all have our favorite movies and I'm putting up a few of my favorite zombie flicks for our discussion here.

Night of the Living Dead (1990): This is the remake of the original classic. I will say that the gore factor is tame next to the many titles of Romero's that followed yet it's still a nice introduction into the world and the mind of George A. Romero.

Holloween: The Rob Zombie remake, in my opinion was an outstanding remake of the Jonh Carpenter classic. This retelling of the cult classic provides more depth to the origins of Michel Myers.

Resident Evil: Degeneration: I know all but the most die hard fans are not to thrilled about the live action movies starting Mila Jovavich but in my opinion, the CGI versions of Resident Evil are more in depth to the video games also partially serving as a bridge between the games.

That's all I got for right now. Feel free to comment and post up your favorites

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If we are talking zombie-esque I usually throw in with 28 Days Later, and 28 Weeks to a lesser degree, though I still have a special place in my heart for Romero's take on zombies. If we are talking creep factor, The Orphanage is easily my favorite. Other disturbing movies on my list are The Road (makes every zombie-apoc movie ever made seem tame and civilized) and Silence of the Lambs (who doesn't love this movie).
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    Zombieland. Enough said.

Hustle Paintball Factory Team: Anomaly
    www.hustlepaintball.com

Haters gotta hate

Savannah College of Art and ​Design

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hater View Post
    Zombieland. Enough said.
    Oh how I love thee Zombieland!
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    I've always been a fan of George Romero. Yet I think the idea of the undead idea is still very popular because of recent events that were in the media and the successful adaptation of the graphic novel "The Walking Dead" on AMC. Yet I figured that we can also enjoy this bit of educational work lol