Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Spyder Hammer 7

Feedback Score
    Both my GF and I played a couple games with our Hammers, shot great, couple of jams between us but once we break them in it should not be an issue. She shot hopper feed only but I was alternating between hopper and First Strike. I need to work on the feed switching and make something that is faster for later on but I have a feeling that once I get a pile of mags, it will be mag fed only so I won't have to worry about switching.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Got mine today, and I'm fairly impressed so far. Aired it up, no leaks. Seems fairly solid, smooth stroke...The only issue I have with this is the obscene costs for a mag. For 35 bucks, I expect metal - not a plastic mag with an open window down the side. The construction of them seems fairly solid, but...35 bucks. *headshake*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    thats spyder for yah, thats more expensive than RAP4 mags *cough* and they are better in everyway, I played with the MRX over the summer and it uses the same funny side catch thing that annoyed the hell out of me, but with the RAP4 mag, the spring is triggered with a depressing collar.
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.

Feedback Score
    I really would like to get one of these and a GoG eNMeY(or whatever weird cap usage they use). Low cost, solid construction, proven designs. Heard mostly all positives on the Hammer.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Hells, Toter, if you were anywhere close by, I'd loan it to ya for a weekend.
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Just a heads up, those mags are so expensive because they are made of GRN (Glass-Reinforced Nylon) they are made out of a much better material than the other mags out there. Now, that doesn't mean the stuff inside is as nice, but have no worries about what you are paying for.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    I may need to customize the innards on 'em then. The springs seem rather loose.

Feedback Score
    are you efficiently reaching 290/300 fps? if so, i wouldn't touch it...

Feedback Score
    I have been waiting for chrono results myself. I don't want to pull the trigger if nothing seems to happen....when you pull the trigger. Plus my field has some rule where a marker must shoot over 260.....but under 280.....
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    I have been waiting for chrono results myself. I don't want to pull the trigger if nothing seems to happen....when you pull the trigger. Plus my field has some rule where a marker must shoot over 260.....but under 280.....
    What is the justification on the over 260? That is odd... sorry to de-rail but I must knows
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial_Soul View Post
    What is the justification on the over 260? That is odd... sorry to de-rail but I must knows
    Seriously.
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Feedback Score
    I have no idea. I guess they are trying to level the playing field as much as possible.

All I know is you have to be between 260 and 280.
    Captain Insensi

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgar View Post
    are you efficiently reaching 290/300 fps? if so, i wouldn't touch it...

Sorry, I was referring to the mag spring. I try and hit around 280, myself. But that's just me.

Feedback Score
    With the mag being open and all. Have you had any troubles in rain with this marker? The mags are the only thing that is making me kinda iffy for getting one for pump play....
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    It's just an aquired thing, it's a valid point with the open mags and the rain damaging the FSR rounds, hmm food for thought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a43 View Post
    It's just an aquired thing
    What do you mean by that?

In terms of rain and the open mags, isn't there a similar solution to covering up a ported barrel?
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    One thing I've noticed is that when the tank starts to get low, it starts blowing air down the barrel on each recock.

Dunno if it was just because it was bitterly cold, or what.

Feedback Score
    That can happen with a soft valve spring. Having very little pressure to help it slam shut exacerbates the problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reerun View Post
    What do you mean by that?

In terms of rain and the open mags, isn't there a similar solution to covering up a ported barrel?
    no there actually isnt a soulution, because if you kick the little latch out it will create a ten round geyser of wasted paint, and its an aquired thing to remember to push the catch off to apply the spring pressure to lift the balls into the chamber

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgar View Post
    That can happen with a soft valve spring. Having very little pressure to help it slam shut exacerbates the problem.

And there's a spring to replace. Thanks man. Your knowledge never fails to impress.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast