Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: eNMEy

Feedback Score
    Well it has to have some sort of spring loaded valve it there. I have not given up complete hope yet. But it would be just my luck to get one and convert it. Just in time for them to release a pump.

I wonder what will be next. They could easily step up to the 400-500 range. I don't see GoG going big any time soon though.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    Well it has to have some sort of spring loaded valve it there. I have not given up complete hope yet. But it would be just my luck to get one and convert it. Just in time for them to release a pump.

I wonder what will be next. They could easily step up to the 400-500 range. I don't see GoG going big any time soon though.
    Hmmm... will be possible: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3404881
    He gives a very brief explanation of using the pump-arm to move the bolt forward (i.e. by-pass stage 1 of mechanical ion 3-way) and re-mod the 3-way into a 2-way of sorts that fires on stage 1 and pushes bolt back on stage 2. Sounds fairly easy, and I would imagine will result in a much more efficient operation.
    Last edited by Sacrificial_Soul; 10-05-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    It does sound doable. I can't wait to see a vid on this thing.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    Well it has to have some sort of spring loaded valve it there.
    Well, unless you count the three-way valve that the trigger would actuate -- not really.

Feedback Score
    Wow....way to rain on the parade.

But seriously....I get what you are saying. A pump Ion that's mass produced would be sweet though. I might have to skip the Azodin for a while.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry, didn't mean that to come off the way it did. I was just trying to guide any prospective tinkerers.

I'm not sure I understand the "pump ion" concept.. when it was novel, sure. Nowadays it seems there are enough floating around (the internet at least, probably not the local field) that the novelty is thinning, and there are a lot of purpose-built-pumps that do a better job, in my opinion.

That said.. I'm pretty partial to my AKP and Phantom. Maybe I'm just biased.

Lo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean that to come off the way it did. I was just trying to guide any prospective tinkerers.

I'm not sure I understand the "pump ion" concept.. when it was novel, sure. Nowadays it seems there are enough floating around (the internet at least, probably not the local field) that the novelty is thinning, and there are a lot of purpose-built-pumps that do a better job, in my opinion.

That said.. I'm pretty partial to my AKP and Phantom. Maybe I'm just biased.

Lo
    I agree with you on the novelty and usefulness, but neither of those are the reason why I would want to build one anyways. I'd likely buy two, leave one as is and use the second for a project gun for fun... not to impress or sell. It would rarely see much play since I use my T2 almost exclusively for non-speedball play now. I'll occasionally take my phantom out, but not very often.
    Mile High Saints #7
    Current Collection:
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    Nah. Its all good.

I was just trying to ignore the fact that more than likely you are right. And true about the pump Ion being a novelty...but honestly its been a while since I have seen one in person.

Any other word on this marker? Any specs being released? I wonder if this will give the Kaos a run.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pics released:
    Mile High Saints #7
    Current Collection:

Feedback Score
    Rebadged envy......all in all not too bad. Like the single trigger frame though.

Is that just a new body kit on there? Or did they actually change the milling? I wonder how hard it would be to convert a non functioning envy? Still looks good for just a basic mech.
    Captain Insensi

Feedback Score
    I don't know.. I think there is just a magic about the Mech ion that just isn't there. Of course, I can't make any judgements until I put it in my hands. I might just go ape**** when it releases.

I am kind of giddy about it to be honest..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2