Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone picking up a Milsig soon??? & questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reloadro View Post
    k3 so i can use some $12 straight-stack mags instead of $40 mags that have to be wound up.
    Amen to that!

Feedback Score
    I've been notified my k3 cqb should be shipping today! I'll definitely be posting a few videos when I receive it!
    I mostly shoot my TPX.

Feedback Score
    Jelly - that's pretty awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    RELOADRO - I'm super jealous that yours has shipped already. I'm patiently waiting to be able to order mine threw Hustle ( hint hint hint ) along with a few other do-dads =)

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    my desert tan k3 CQB arrived a few hours ago and although unfortunately im at work right now, i was able to quickly open it up and look through a few things. i can say right off the bat, im really please with the ease of mag insertion/release. its like butter. smoother than my TPX, and waaay smoother than my old 8.1!

i also see that the barrel has rifling; im a bit surprised since i thought id read that they would be coming with smooth bore barrels. i'l have to see how it goes; the only other A5-threaded barrel i have left is a stock A5 barrel. i got a great deal on some barely used 20-round milsig mags (5 of em) off of MCB, and they came today too! amazing timing, since ive got a big game to play sunday. i'll get to check out all this stuff then. i'll def film some unboxing/initial thoughts video in the morning tomorrow.
    I mostly shoot my TPX.

Feedback Score
    will be ordering the CQB come monday i think.... just have to deposit some money in the bank

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    my desert tan k3 CQB arrived a few hours ago and although unfortunately im at work right now, i was able to quickly open it up and look through a few things. i can say right off the bat, im really please with the ease of mag insertion/release. its like butter. smoother than my TPX, and waaay smoother than my old 8.1!

i also see that the barrel has rifling; im a bit surprised since i thought id read that they would be coming with smooth bore barrels. i'l have to see how it goes; the only other A5-threaded barrel i have left is a stock A5 barrel. i got a great deal on some barely used 20-round milsig mags (5 of em) off of MCB, and they came today too! amazing timing, since ive got a big game to play sunday. i'll get to check out all this stuff then. i'll def film some unboxing/initial thoughts video in the morning tomorrow.
    Picture time or it's not true :-)

WCP Spanky
    Operational Commander

www.WCPclan.com

Feedback Score
    here you go!

I mostly shoot my TPX.

Feedback Score
    Great job and thanks for sharing the vid. Yes that barrel bag is a joke! Got the same one with my para pro. Let us know how it goes on the field.

WCP Spanky
    Operational Commander

www.WCPclan.com

Feedback Score
    Nice vid..but definately post one up of you shooting...see how the rifled barrel works for you.

Feedback Score
    here you go!

Any update yet? :-)

WCP Spanky
    Operational Commander

www.WCPclan.com

Feedback Score
    i do have some updates coming up soon....im actually trying to figure out the best way to approach this; would it be better to do a bunch of videos that are each specific to an area of the marker (ie. the mags, the asa, the bolt engine), or should it just be a 20-minute long video covering everything?

also, does anybody know how to do a "table of contents / sections" in a video? where you can allow people to click on a number and it automatically jumps to that section?

in any case, i did experience a few issues with the k3, and im working to make sure i fully understand them - and how to fix them - before i put up a real review. i'll be using the marker this sunday for rec ball, so i plan to do some video early next week
    I mostly shoot my TPX.

Feedback Score
    i do have some updates coming up soon....im actually trying to figure out the best way to approach this; would it be better to do a bunch of videos that are each specific to an area of the marker (ie. the mags, the asa, the bolt engine), or should it just be a 20-minute long video covering everything?

also, does anybody know how to do a "table of contents / sections" in a video? where you can allow people to click on a number and it automatically jumps to that section?

in any case, i did experience a few issues with the k3, and im working to make sure i fully understand them - and how to fix them - before i put up a real review. i'll be using the marker this sunday for rec ball, so i plan to do some video early next week
    For me a combined video with some sections I would enjoy. In regards to the TOC / sections, check out this vid for ideas:

Depending on the "issues", i may be able to help - shoot me a PM or if you are on facebook here is a great group to look at information or ask questions https://www.facebook.com/groups/milsigowners/

And we always have the wise Doug Brown! Drop him and email or give him a call :-)

Btw do you have a helmet cam that you use for footage?

WCP Spanky
    Operational Commander

www.WCPclan.com

Feedback Score
    thanks for that vid; i'll def check it out tonight.

ive been back and forth with doug on stuff, actually. i might as well disclose now; there's two problems ive come across.

1) the hopper cover is causing ball breaks in the chamber. This i was actually able to diagnose thanks to reading posts from somebody on the milsig forums (sorry the name escapes me now), who had a similar problem with their para pro. basically, the cover sticks too far into the breach. its also got a bit of a rough texture on two of the angled surfaces that are inside of the breach. its a bit strange, and i cant tell if its flashing or just a rough cut. in any case, i honestly dont know right now which is causing the breaks, the protrusion or the roughness. i do know that loosening the screws on the hopper cover allows it to move outward when the ball enters the chamber, and this eliminates the breakage. my plan is to first try and file the piece smooth and see if that works, and if not ill probably just chop off enough of it so that its 100% out of the breach with the bolts tight.

2) the mags dont feed the last 1-3 balls. this is something i see on and off all over the forums as far as the milsig mags, so its nothing new. as far as i know, most milsig users are all using the same mags. in a lot of cases, this inability to feed the last couple of balls (firing through a mag, the marker shoots fine then starts dry firing, assuming the mag is empty you eject it only to have a ball fall out of the magwell and see maybe two more up in the collar) is attributed to dirty mags/collars. people also suggest loosening the screws that hold the mag shells together a bit. i tried the latter and although it does seem to be a bit better as far as the follower sliding through the collar section, it hasnt fully fixed the issue. the follower itself has some flashing around its circumference, and from what i can tell, the friction through the collar section is somewhat dependent on the orientation of the follower as it moves upwards. if its a bit askew, its almost always going to get stuck as it enters the collar section.

so, these are the things im trying to work out real solutions/suggestions for. i just want to make sure i have a real handle on these issues before i go talking about them in a video.
    I mostly shoot my TPX.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    thanks for that vid; i'll def check it out tonight.

ive been back and forth with doug on stuff, actually. i might as well disclose now; there's two problems ive come across.

1) the hopper cover is causing ball breaks in the chamber. This i was actually able to diagnose thanks to reading posts from somebody on the milsig forums (sorry the name escapes me now), who had a similar problem with their para pro. basically, the cover sticks too far into the breach. its also got a bit of a rough texture on two of the angled surfaces that are inside of the breach. its a bit strange, and i cant tell if its flashing or just a rough cut. in any case, i honestly dont know right now which is causing the breaks, the protrusion or the roughness. i do know that loosening the screws on the hopper cover allows it to move outward when the ball enters the chamber, and this eliminates the breakage. my plan is to first try and file the piece smooth and see if that works, and if not ill probably just chop off enough of it so that its 100% out of the breach with the bolts tight.

2) the mags dont feed the last 1-3 balls. this is something i see on and off all over the forums as far as the milsig mags, so its nothing new. as far as i know, most milsig users are all using the same mags. in a lot of cases, this inability to feed the last couple of balls (firing through a mag, the marker shoots fine then starts dry firing, assuming the mag is empty you eject it only to have a ball fall out of the magwell and see maybe two more up in the collar) is attributed to dirty mags/collars. people also suggest loosening the screws that hold the mag shells together a bit. i tried the latter and although it does seem to be a bit better as far as the follower sliding through the collar section, it hasnt fully fixed the issue. the follower itself has some flashing around its circumference, and from what i can tell, the friction through the collar section is somewhat dependent on the orientation of the follower as it moves upwards. if its a bit askew, its almost always going to get stuck as it enters the collar section.

so, these are the things im trying to work out real solutions/suggestions for. i just want to make sure i have a real handle on these issues before i go talking about them in a video.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not just purchase this marker? If so do you really think it should be acceptable as a customer to have to modify the marker to make it work properly after spending the money that you have spent? No matter how small or big those modifications are, my point is if you spend money on a product it should do what the company says it will do without any modifications. If I were you I would be asking for my money back or Id be sending it back to the company and asking them to fix the problems and then send it back to me, instead of trying to modify a product that you just bought, just to make it do what it's supposed to do. I already posted a comment about quality control at the manufacturers level and I firmly believe that manufacturers in the paintball industry ( not all ) but a select few ( and you know who you are ) really need to put more research and development and or quality control in their products before they put them on the market. We as customers in the paintball industry should not be accepting defective products and saying "oh that's ok, I'll modify it to make it do what it's supposed to do" because the more that we do that, the less liable the manufacturers become. When you start modifying the product yourself to make it do what it's supposed to do, then you are doing the manufacturers job. Something that you supposably have already paid them to have done.

Just so you know the reason I feel so strongly about this is because I have had my fair share of defective products in the paintball industry and to me it has been a very unacceptable percentage. I mean think about it, would you buy a brand new car and say to the company"we'll I can't turn the steering wheel to steer it" but that's ok I'll modify it so I can, don't worry about it? I'm just saying I think us as customers deserve better, and its up to us as customers to voice our opinions to make that happen. I'm sure that somebody is going to bust my balls for what I just said but I'm saying it anyway because I know from my personal experience that there is not enough quality control in the manufacturers level. Again I want to make it clear I am not talking about all paintball manufacturers because there are definitely some very good paintball products on the market.

So I'll end this by saying don't be a sheep that's being lead by wolves, be a wolf and lead the sheep. What I mean by that is you shouldn't be willing to accept defective products, you should speak out against defective products and make manufacturers liable for them rather then fixing their mistakes yourself.
    Click this blue link to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...mowProductions

Click this blue link to go to my Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgk...?feature=watch

Feedback Score
    i completely get what you're saying, but its really not that deep. the first thing i did when i had trouble was get in touch with doug brown (US distributor for milsig). he immediately offered some options for rectifying the situation, basically stating "i'll do what it takes to make you happy". ive dealt with him beforehand with the pro connect 3 remote (i didnt ever have any problems, but he personally helped me get a new one and some separate parts even while he was ceasing production a few years back). to me, he is clearly all about solid customer support. so, with that in mind, i decided id rather see what i could do to help identify and fix some issues, rather than losing time sending the marker back and forth. this is mainly because, in my mind, these issues are relatively minor. so far, at most im having to turn a few screws slightly to the left, and take some sandpaper to a small plastic piece. not really a huge deal.

i dont mind doing what small things i can to try and help out with a brand new release, especially from a relatively small company, and at an entry level price point. add to that the fact that i got it during the discounted preorder sale. if this was a brand new $1300 dye dam, yeah, id be a lot more upset. in this case though, im hoping that doug will communicate what ive experienced back to milsig, and they will make the necessary corrections, as i feel that this marker in particular will be key as far as expanding magfed paintball to the masses. i love magfed and pump paintball, so to me, anything that can help the average player enter magfed paintball more easily and cheaply is a good thing.
    I mostly shoot my TPX.

Feedback Score
    I got mine ordered along with 5 mags, mag tool, grip and mag clamp. I can't wait to shoot it and rock some heads!

I just realized that you (Reloadro) could help me out with a problem should I like the clamped mags together. I haven't ever seen or heard about a pouch that would hold two mags put together. Just saying maybe something to look into should you continue on with the milsig =]

Feedback Score
    http://www.milsig.ca/tactical-gear-p...ouch-acu-p-314 the only pouch i know of
    http://www.milsig.ca/tactical-gear-t...st-black-p-309 and a vest that comes with them

im curious as to where you found mag clips. i was hoping to do the same thing but couldnt find them on milsigs web site or anywhere else i was looking.

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    The clamps are on Rap4, but can be purchased threw Hustle Paintball =]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2