Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Removed Spry Paint

Feedback Score
    The plastic should be OK. The plastic scrapper I used was ok after the process.

Team BLACK RAIN
    Grim Reaper
    I have come to realize that life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely with a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways all worn out yelling, WOO HOO what a ride!!!

Feedback Score
    Well I have been soaking my marker for the better part of the weekend. The first soak was in hot water and dish soap to get rid of some of the excess. That was for about 6 hours. Then took it out and wiped what came off. Then let the sides air air dry. Started brake fluid soak this morning when I got up and checked it about 30 min ago, and looks like getting the crap paint off will be a breeze. I will let it soak for the rest of the night and tomorrow. I will have to run to store to buy a plastic brissel brush to start the real cleaning. I will take photos of it as I move the clean.

Keep you guys posted.
    - Dedarmyant

Favorite Quote: "If you'da been thinkin you wouldn't 'a thought that." Squints "The Sandlot"

Feedback Score
    Please, I'm intrested in your results.

Team BLACK RAIN
    Grim Reaper
    I have come to realize that life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely with a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways all worn out yelling, WOO HOO what a ride!!!

Feedback Score
    K here is where the TPX sits at.

2012-12-10_21-10-41_771.jpg

I scraped off the majority of the remaining paint, but as you can see that the first layer of paint still has some spots.

2012-12-10_21-10-49_409.jpg

But luckily the marker doesnt stick anymore. Now I have to find a dripbit for hole for new adapter then good to put back together.
    - Dedarmyant

Favorite Quote: "If you'da been thinkin you wouldn't 'a thought that." Squints "The Sandlot"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedarmyant View Post
    I have to ask. Did you just soak it in water or is that paint thinner? I only ask cause my newest marker (Tpx) was painted as well with gloss paint. Feels water based and is sticky to the touch. I am slowly working on cleaning away paint, but slow going. I wanna start using this marker regularly, but I dont normally wear gloves and hate the way the paint marks my hand after holding it for a few minutes. Also, is there a green TPX marker? Where paint has started coming off, there seems to be a greenish finish. I will look to upload pics.

Thanks
    ANS gear has a partially green TPX, where the TPX logo is, but that's the only part that's supposed to be green
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but here's a link to the product I used to strip the black paint on my Tippmann. Spray on, let sit (over night if you can be patient) wipe off with a sponge in the morning. Oh...and wear your sunglasses...the silver metal of the Tippmann shell glistens with little to no effort.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...1#.USrY_TecySo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedarmyant View Post
    K here is where the TPX sits at.

2012-12-10_21-10-41_771.jpg

I scraped off the majority of the remaining paint, but as you can see that the first layer of paint still has some spots.

2012-12-10_21-10-49_409.jpg

But luckily the marker doesnt stick anymore. Now I have to find a dripbit for hole for new adapter then good to put back together.
    COOL, I'm pleased that things are going good for you. Keep up the good work. Please keep us informed on your progress.

Team BLACK RAIN
    Grim Reaper

Feedback Score
    Why do people always feel the need to re-colour markers that are already in great colours? I don't know what would possess you to paint a marker with that amazing Emerald paint job white, but I think it should be illegal. It's even worse when they don't bother to take the marker apart before hand. My buddy bought a 98 that someone had painted green with the barrel and hopper still on! Not only that, he didn't remove the tombstone or the internals either. It took me 10 minutes with steel wool to get the paint off the tombstone, but the trigger still jams from all the paint he put on it!
    My marker is like Frankenstein's monster, but held together with hopes and dreams instead of stitches

Feedback Score
    Dayum! I like that green! Very nice job man. I'm surprised anyone would paint a gun with such poor ability.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Feedback Score
    brake fluid also takes out paint transfer from pesky door dings from the grocery store and cleans up mild grime off of your headlights gorgeous marker though...its a shame marker companies have largely shied away from really creative milling patterns...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2