Thread: T2 Cleaning

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score

T2 Cleaning

Hey everyone,
    I'm just wondering what kind of maintenance do you perform on your T2 on a regular basis? There are some instructions on pumpenstein, but they just seems to contradict a lot of what I've been told (not to put oil into an ASA and dry fire unless it's a blow back such as an A5).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Pumpenstein stuff (last time I checked) is way dated *shrug*
    The "regular basis" maintenance I do is a basic wipe down hah. I got really lazy with my T2 cleaning. After every 2-4 plays I tend to strip it down and polish everything up when I'm with the boys. When I talked to Rod (the guy that made your T2 ) he said to make sure everything internally is clean, shinny, and polished up, so everything glides nicely aka sear, hammer, lug... And of course I try to keep my bolt oiled up (light layer) and keep my pump guide and pump rods clean so the stroke is smooth. If you do dive into your reg you can put a gentle layer of grease of there too. Then pressure test your reg back to what it was at or put it to 300-350psi - that way you won't get the fart noise. The whole dab of oil in the ASA thing can go either way. Really depends on who you ask. I don't bother with it but it won't hurt it. Also keep an eye on o-ring health and spring health (obviously).
    Last edited by Luso; 06-29-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Feedback Score
    I run my bolt dry, use minimal air tool oil in the lower tube, and clean the hammer/lower tube really well after every few cases of play or after a direct hit to the slot under the bolt.

Obviously I believe in cleaning/re-greasing the reg periodically, as well, but I don't really use any of my markers enough to have a schedule for it. If I used a gun every weekend, I'd service the reg every few months.