Thread: Etek 3 waterproof

Feedback Score

Etek 3 waterproof

So I was wondering are etek 3 Lt waterproof? I've read somewhere that the boards Re coated to be water resistant but I don't want to fry my new etek this weeked out as its bound to rain at my fields all day scenerio.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't say waterPROOF by any means... but I've played in the rain quite a few times w/ my Ego SL74 with no issues - I imagine that if it's such torrential crazy rain that you're encountering, you're going to notice it affect your guns performance in other ways (water in the barrel causing issues w/ your paint, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    Water PROOF? No. Water RESISTANT? Sure.

It'll most likely be completely fine. Just clean/dry the marker after play.

Edit: damn, beaten to it. I set my phone down for a few minutes before finishing my post.

Feedback Score
    Most electronics are coated/treated to be water resistant, so a drop here or there shouldn't hurt anything. That's not to say that getting water in your battery connectors or harness clips won't give you hell, though.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Toter is right, all planet boards have been coated with a water resistant material. You can see it as a slight sheen on the electronics, however, obviously don't throw it in the bath. I have played in pretty ****ty conditions with my Ego and it worked just fine.
    pbRIOT - Unite - Uprise - Reembody

H+

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've played in some pretty heavy rain and snow with my Ego and have yet to encounter any problems with the board. Obviously diving face first in a puddle of water Ego in hand is asking for trouble. You should be fine, as the others have said wipe it down properly and all is good.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Alright ill make sure to keep it as dry as possible in the even of rain. Thanks for quick responses.