Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Greg Hastings R7 1080p Camera

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Greg Hastings R7 1080p Camera

Who's seen it?

Looks great and the feedneck clamping system looks like it works wonders. If you've been looking for an alternative between the Go Pro and Contour this might be the one for you. Here's the link if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.r7usa.com/

424285_10150646284803729_342117013728_9215623_1101093540_n.jpg
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    for $330 + taxes.............
    really for one setting thats a bit ballsy

Feedback Score
    Agreed... I would rather go with a Drift Innovation for that Price... I can get a gopro2 for $210 + tax at work

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah it is expensive. I do however like the fact that it's small and compact. I also like that the buttons are simple and easy to find especially when mounted on your mask. Everyone I know has either the GP or the Contour so to have something different to add to the mix is refreshing just the same.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
    for $330 + taxes.............
    really for one setting thats a bit ballsy

But it's Greg Hastings!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGOMGGOMGOGMGGGGG

*snicker*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    But it's Greg Hastings!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGOMGGOMGOGMGGGGG

*snicker*

Who the hell is Greg Hastings?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Former pro player turned scenario/woodsball guy. Does a lot of brand promotion under his name, Redz, and R7. Probably most famous for the set of video games produced under his name (Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball 1 & 2).

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Probably most famous for the set of video games produced under his name (Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball 1 & 2).

Which I have never understood the reasoning for. A paintball video game is about as pointless as a fishing video game.
    Get off yer butt and go play!
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    Former pro player turned scenario/woodsball guy. Does a lot of brand promotion under his name, Redz, and R7. Probably most famous for the set of video games produced under his name (Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball 1 & 2).
    Ya sorry Lo that was sarcasm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    We really need a </sarcasm> tag...
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    We really need a </sarcasm> tag...
    Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    LOL

Eh, the video game got a lot of people interested in the sport, at least recreationally. Ironically, I'm awful at it.

Lo

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For a video game based on Paintball it's actually not that bad. The graphics could use a serious overhaul. I'm not crazy for it but it was worth a rent. What's important my friend is that we had a good laugh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    if this is meant as an alternative to the GoPro or the Contour its being done wrong. its almost twice the price of the basic contour and a little less than twice the price of the basic GoPro. the only advantage it has over either camera (as far as i can tll without actually having one to try) is that it is smaller. other than that the contour (which is also fairly small) and GoPro are better in every aspect that i can think of..... fail?

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Which I have never understood the reasoning for. A paintball video game is about as pointless as a fishing video game.
    Get off yer butt and go play!
    I have a few paraplegic friends who play paintball games cause they can't come out with me, I think they are a good idea cause then they get to share paintball stories with me as well.

Feedback Score
    From the videos I have seen the image looks good but the amplified sound (due to feedneck mount?) makes the videos only watchable with the sound off. One video (shooting an Axe) was incredibly loud as you could hear every shot ring and echo through the mic. This might be an improvement that needs some investigating. I will never have any of these cameras but watching so many vids makes me pay attention.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya i agree with gramps
    thats another problem the go pro has is that the mic is facing down....into the plastic case
    that holds the cam, well any movement that touches or moves the case you get a lot of feedback
    but still love my go pro just in editing programs i turn the volume down on the audio track

also another thing, you need to hit record and then hit record again for sound.......why
    why make it that difficult? (i know not really that difficult but WHY???)lol

its cool but you are only paying for the name, and mount

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    I like how all the videos claims that it helps confirm your kills, yet I still have not been able to visibly see any paint break, which would be the only real advantage this would have over a go pro or contour.

Feedback Score
    I guess it's cool that it has a feedneck mount, but I'll keep my contour.
    "Where's my pod?"

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arson24 View Post
    Ya i agree with gramps
    thats another problem the go pro has is that the mic is facing down....into the plastic case
    that holds the cam, well any movement that touches or moves the case you get a lot of feedback
    but still love my go pro just in editing programs i turn the volume down on the audio track
    Yeah, there's definitely a lot of clanking when you're running, but it doesn't really bother me too much - add in shooting and yelling and you kinda don't notice it. I've also drilled out the sides of my GoPro cases for more/better audio. The holes I drilled were somewhat small, since I didn't want to open it up too much to paint... so I think it makes it better, but it's definitely not like night and day (not like going from the waterproof case to the non-waterproof case, haha).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast