Thread: Working on the TM7

Feedback Score

Working on the TM7

I'm not a fan of Electros but they have begun to grow on me a bit, I have 2 and I have added the 2 to my permanent collection. The first one I got in a trade which for me, I got it for about $15 (won some of the stuff I traded), an old Diablo Wraith. Old School Electro, its actually rather nice, ramping, auto, eyes, and it just keeps on going even with a nearly dead battery (LCD stops working but marker keeps shooting). In all reality, I have not used either in a game, the Diablo's first game since I got it, I loaned it out to a new player, I have dry fired it around and put a little paint at the chrono with it, its an old school electro and since I like older markers, I'm keeping it.

But back to topic, I picked up a TM7 in a Trade, Traded off my T9fs (not the 9.1, but had the FS conversion kit), finally got around to putting in a V2 Solenoid so it actually works now. Couple weeks ago I was going to give it a full days play to see how it worked as I plan on making it my tank marker for shooting out the gun ports due to its compact size.

As it turns out, though I had planned to be at the game the full day, I arrived about when most were packing up but a few were playing a couple more games (not my fault, timing belt broke that morning 60 miles from home, 30 miles from the game, changed my first timing belt on the side of the road). Got out to the field, when to chrono with a Hammerhead WidowMaker barrel, was only shooting about 190 so I went to turn up the velocity.

Things went down hill from there, didn't get much of an increase so I kept trying to turn it up (remember, I know little to nothing about electros, know a little more from tearing it all down but not much more), all of a sudden, its barely cycling and no longer feeding paint, taking off the rip clip I discovered the bolt only returned half way clogged itself with paint and all. Played with the velocity adjust more thinking I over turned it somehow, nothing. Didn't get to play that day (GF got a game in and did great) and I now had a non functional TM7.

When to my local paintball shop to pick up my tank with its new hydro (110/3000), I though it may need a good cleaning and a reset to factory conditions because at the time, I thought that maybe what I thought was the velocity adjust was something I was not supposed to touch and instead adjust the velocity through the reg like the Ion I have (Ion was for a project but I gave it to my GF instead since she wanted one and didn't have a marker). I thought that I may have screwed it up and asked the charge and turn around time to pull it apart, see what was up, and probably return it to factory condition (since I thought I adjusted the wrong thing), with all this nicer weather we just got, they were getting backed up so I had a $40 estimate and about a week turn around, since I'm short on cash, I decided to tear into it myself, and if I could not get it going, then take it in.

Spend about 3 hrs on it last night, tearing down, re-assembling, testing, tore it down and re-assembled it about 15 times, checking this, that, O-rings, cleaning, oiling, etc, etc. Finally, I realized, I had not pulled out 1 part, the bolt spring, it was stuck inside, pulled it out cleaned it, put it all back together, still not working, pulled it apart again, this time looking more closely at the spring. As it turns out, the spring where it slides over the bolt, the last coil had bent and was sticking up partially, I used my pliers, bent it back down, assembled, and it magically started to work. Apparently, that last coil on the spring sticking out about 1/16 of an inch was causing the bolt not to return fully, weird but okay, my Tippmanns work just fine with bent springs, guess that's why I love mechanical markers.

So now its working, but today I will be going down to my shop to pick up an replacement spring so hopefully by next game I can get this thing tested.

My next planed mod for this for a future game, I have a wireless camera system I plan to mount above the barrel. Got a possible game coming, play with the national guard and I want to have my Gun Camera system fully operational including the helmet mounted HUD (another project to show later).

For me, working on my markers is never done so I will have more updates on this TM7, the good and the bad (I hope no more bad though lol).

Feedback Score
    The TM line runs very differently than either mech or electro tippmanns. They're based on the Invert Mini, and have poppet valves, not blowback valves. Did that spring coil that stuck out cause any damage to the inside of the marker? Hope you get it up & running. I've heard that people prefer the TM-15 over the TM-7 for many reasons - such as the buttstock positioning, the thumbswitch, and overall ability to upgrade/add on. Let us know your thoughts!
    All out till fallout.

Feedback Score
    ^^^Sorry, haven't been sleeping well this week. I'm sure you know just how different the TM-7 is than a blowback since you've taken it apart 15+ times
    All out till fallout.

Feedback Score
    Only damage that I can find is a couple minor scratches in the bolt and one deeper one but I made sure nothing is sticking up to cause further damage.

Its up and running right now but I still need to get that new spring as the current spring fix is only temporary.

I have no real reason to get a TM15, I got plenty of larger markers, the TM7 is nice and small, may be a nice secondary to my 98C when I don't have access to Co2 (I use Co2 on my 98C from 1-2 3lb Co2 tanks as HPA tank regs can not keep up or get as many shots).

My current HPA setup for the TM7 is either a 114/4500, 110/3000, or both on remote.

Feedback Score
    Just took the TM7 to the back yard for some test shots with an older unmarked Lapco Barrel and my newly hydro tested 110/3000, its shooting strong and I'm going to feel sorry for anyone on the receiving end of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post
    Just took the TM7 to the back yard for some test shots with an older unmarked Lapco Barrel and my newly hydro tested 110/3000, its shooting strong and I'm going to feel sorry for anyone on the receiving end of it.
    Good to hear It's always nice to get a troubled marker up & running again. Winter knows about that, although I wouldn't be surprised if "Sybil" still haunts his dreams.
    All out till fallout.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lhamilton1807 View Post
    Good to hear It's always nice to get a troubled marker up & running again. Winter knows about that, although I wouldn't be surprised if "Sybil" still haunts his dreams.
    I still see her every day when I open my closet...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Since this thing either eats batteries or my batteries are not the greatest, I think I am going to try and make an adapter so I can run it at least on a 1000mah battery. Anyone know if it will operate on 8.4 volts or is 9.6 the better option?

Feedback Score
    what does "eat batteries" mean to you? My tm7 on a duracell battery will last a couple full days of play if not more, unless its cold out, and then it eats batteries

also, even once it starts flashing orange, it will should for a while, never put it to the test to far. I've shot around half case flashing orange no issues, but never waited for it to die completely. Others say they can shoot a case on an orange led

World Combat Paintball Clan
    Canadian Corps Sergeant
    http://www.wcpclan.com

Feedback Score
    Just from test firing today, dry, paint, and without air (not much without air), my Duracell is about dead.

Feedback Score
    I'd say give it another chance, if it doesn't go well, then look into your options. Worst day for me, -15 and I went through 2 batteries in about 1.5 cases

Canadian Corps Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid View Post
    I'd say give it another chance, if it doesn't go well, then look into your options. Worst day for me, -15 and I went through 2 batteries in about 1.5 cases
    That will be bad for me, 2 batteries per hour game lol.

Feedback Score
    well that was -15, generally I'm gonna have to estimate 4 to 5 cases per battery, and thats not draining the battery

Canadian Corps Sergeant

Feedback Score
    Yea, think I'm going to see about making an NIMH airsoft battery power it lol.

Feedback Score
    Because the replacement springs cost a bit more than they should, I picked up the Tech-T spring kit, now I got to install it and find which one works best.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Hey! Just wanna add some words in this topic about the TM-7
    Btw, are you an member of the BTWO Forum?

If you want some badass upgrades, you can upgrade it with some airsoft gun parts, like this one:

http://www.google.no/imgres?q=tm7+wi...9,r:5,s:0,i:80