Thread: X7 Phenom problems...Anyone else?

Feedback Score

X7 Phenom problems...Anyone else?

We are experienceing problems with the electronic Phenoms. 2 straight out of the box, as soon as we put co2 to them they were leaking. Mine went about 3000 rounds then the balls would go about 25ft, the last made it about 2000 rounds then shot 25ft. All were purchased from a different company. Mine was repaired by Tippmann but wasn't given an explaination. As of the last email from one of my team mates, Tippmann told him that they are pretty much going to tell everyone not to use co2, hpa only. So now I have to spend a few hundred more just to shoot it. Has anyone else had these problems?

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kjoskjos View Post
    We are experienceing problems with the electronic Phenoms. 2 straight out of the box, as soon as we put co2 to them they were leaking. Mine went about 3000 rounds then the balls would go about 25ft, the last made it about 2000 rounds then shot 25ft. All were purchased from a different company. Mine was repaired by Tippmann but wasn't given an explaination. As of the last email from one of my team mates, Tippmann told him that they are pretty much going to tell everyone not to use co2, hpa only. So now I have to spend a few hundred more just to shoot it. Has anyone else had these problems?

Flexvalve does NOT like CO2. No, I don't own one, but I have heard of this happening with it fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Great...not what I wanted to hear...but thanks. Already got my hpa supplies on order. Been wanting to go hpa for a long time anyways. Tippmann should really change their advertising.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    You'll be better served in the long run. Expensive way to find out, so I sympathize.
    I run by this rule, and please keep in mind that this is purely my opinion; If it runs on batteries, HPA it. Otherwise it's CO2.
    I know opinions differ on this, but so far it's worked out fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Most regulators don't like CO2 overly much. Add a blow-forward spool valve design to the equation and you have a marker that prefers HPA. If you're dead set on using CO2 on a Phenom, I'd strongly recommend an anti-siphon tube or running remote, otherwise, HPA might be a good investment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    there were quite a few NEW phenoms that leaked from the brass air line fitting in the grip also
    that could be a problem there

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Let's be honest - HPA is a better investment, regardless of if your gun can handle CO2 or not. The performance gains from consistency, ease of filling, ability to see how empty/full they are....

Come on, the list goes on. You'll be stoked when you make the conversion over to HPA. Just be sure to get a nipple cover and thread protector. Don't skimp on that.

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Compr...aintenance-Kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Town around a lake, Land of Living Skies, Great White North
    Feedback Score
    I've been using CO2 in my Phenom and all I did was remove all the factory grease and used Pure Lube from P.E.I. Never had a single leak. Put 27,000 shots through it so far.

Love the woman of my life. <3 Eva Murphy (Patriot09 of X7OG)