Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why Do We Limit Ourselves ?

Feedback Score

Why Do We Limit Ourselves ?

I personally love the limit myself to force more movement, cleaner shots, and the awesome factor. I love being known as the pistol guy. I love the fact that I want to move more with the pistol. I felt the same way when I used my pump. I would take a couple shots and then just move up and up and up. I find myself in the action more instead of plinking from a distance. It brings back part of the game that I feel is forgot about more often then we like to realize. I guess cleaner shots can be a stretch, but I make my shots count for more. I don't have a half case on my back to just throw at the opposing team. I will take a few shots when moving up on someone, but for the most part I keep my shots to a kill minimum. This saves on paint which lowers the cost of play for sure. The first couple of times that I was out there people didn't even worry about me. I was looked over and underestimated on more than one occassion. I now hear ... darn it Hammy I didn't even see you over there. They look for me and have respect for the pistol =)

Autos to Pump to Pump/Pistol now Pistol - I have no plans of returning only excelling with a pistol lol

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi.- (May death provide the peace you sought.)

Se si riesce a correre, correre. Se non possibile correre,provare a eseguire. Ma se voi non correre ... allora ci vediamoall'inferno- (If you can run, run. If you can't run, try to run. But if you wont run...then i'll see you in hell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I totally agree, ran with my thumper the other day and was a ninja
    on the field, played with one guy with a pump and another with a 98
    and had a game vs 20renters that were about 12-13...we won by default
    i shot one kid, 4 walk off with him lol

But found my self running right into the action, shooting dead on and conserving a lot of ammo
    i love pump
    picking up another thumper pretty soon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not the size of the marker but the player behind it that makes all the difference. The fact that players underestimated you only worked even more to your advantage. Giving you the freedom to do your thing while others concentrated on what they thought was the real threat. Pump and pistol play is very fascinating and an intriguing way of playing the sport. When the money is right I'll be joining the crusade.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    i tend to move a lot no matter what im using to play with but when im limited by having a pistol or pump marker i tend to communicate more and my take a lot more time going for the kill shot rather than just being a distraction

It's not the gun, you just suck
    Save a rock, throw an Ion
    Don't run, you will only die tired

Feedback Score
    I think the short answer here is simply this: because it's fun. That's why I play paintball, and often pump/limited paint.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calgar View Post
    I think the short answer here is simply this: because it's fun. That's why I play paintball, and often pump/limited paint.
    also to add to what calgar said, it increases the challenge and in turn betters you as a player
    instead of 250rnds you either have 50 or 10 depends on how your style is

Feedback Score
    I usually go threw all 3 clips depending on the game, but rarely do I need to reload CO2 on the field unless it's a " big game ".

Feedback Score
    I think I will be going pistol over pump as my next restricted ammo option. But honestly just picking your shots gives the same results. I have played an entire day on one pinokio full of pain.

I will say that if you slow down your game you will start to see a lot of mistakes that you are making.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HeDidIt View Post
    I think I will be going pistol over pump as my next restricted ammo option. But honestly just picking your shots gives the same results. I have played an entire day on one pinokio full of pain.

I will say that if you slow down your game you will start to see a lot of mistakes that you are making.
    I can agree with you on that one for sure. When I was using my pump I wouldn't go threw more than 100 rounds in a day of play.

I will disagree that simply picking your shots gives you the same result. You still have a mag with a limited amount of paint...not a hopper full of paint. So you have to agree that your mind set is different and the act of switching mags and having to reload them makes a difference as well. It's all about the excitement of having to reload and switching mags in the middle of a fire fight.

Feedback Score
    I like the magazine fed concept. For me as a Mil-Sim player, it gives a more realistic edge. It's something were my sight picture is clear. The more magazines I can stuff in poutches, put on my body, the better. I don't care if I got the tank on my back. As long as I got plenty of ammo to use it, the better.

Feedback Score
    Pump is GOD! any genius can dump 25bps but how many ever hit the intended target? And you have to just that stream of paint to line up a shot. Pump is deliberate, you only have a few shots to get it right, opens up an entire new world of sheer satisfaction when you gog someone.
    <double fisted car slide cry, followed by hate fap>

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI View Post
    Pump is GOD! any genius can dump 25bps but how many ever hit the intended target? And you have to just that stream of paint to line up a shot. Pump is deliberate, you only have a few shots to get it right, opens up an entire new world of sheer satisfaction when you gog someone.
    We hit our intended targets at 25BPS, we were aiming for the bunkers and across the tops of those bunkers making the other team keep their heads down while the pumpers take ground lol.

I've done pump myself, my favorite being PMI Trracers, granted I use a smaller custom Revy-Sportshot, I can still go though a decent amount of paint in a game (got to use the auto trigger, especially when you run up on 4+ guys).

Still a lot of fun though. Will be limiting myself even more when I do FS only games cause those things are expensive lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpackrat

We hit our intended targets at 25BPS, we were aiming for the bunkers and across the tops of those bunkers making the other team keep their heads down while the pumpers take ground lol.

I've done pump myself, my favorite being PMI Trracers, granted I use a smaller custom Revy-Sportshot, I can still go though a decent amount of paint in a game (got to use the auto trigger, especially when you run up on 4+ guys).

Still a lot of fun though. Will be limiting myself even more when I do FS only games cause those things are expensive lol.
    25bps is an exaggeration cause everyone is capped at 12.5...shooting bunkers seems silly to me, and like a huge waste of paint, though I understand the importance of it, as I do play speedball as well, but then again I'll play speedball with my pump....kind of sick in the head but hell it's fun playing against the space guns

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CALI View Post
    25bps is an exaggeration cause everyone is capped at 12.5...shooting bunkers seems silly to me, and like a huge waste of paint, though I understand the importance of it, as I do play speedball as well, but then again I'll play speedball with my pump....kind of sick in the head but hell it's fun playing against the space guns

Well, you may be capped lol.

It can seem a little silly but sometimes completely necessary to avoid a stalemate.

Speedball with a pump, your not sick, your showing them all up lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpackrat

It can seem a little silly but sometimes completely necessary to avoid a stalemate.

Can say I'm showing anyone up haha, just trying to make it through the game

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpackrat View Post

If you think you need 25 bps, you're doing it wrong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calgar View Post
    If you think you need 25 bps, you're doing it wrong.
    There are times when you need it. If you really think I am doing it wrong, put yourself in my position when I use it and you will understand. It is when you have a couple hundred players across the field within range and you need to provide support fire to get your team up the field. You can shoot a few balls but its not going to have nearly the same effect as a high rate of fire slowing them down and making more take cover.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Depends on the crowd. New players are easily intimidated by firepower. Veterans are more likely to shrug it off.

I remember going up against Double Trouble players in the SPPL (I played stock class). Wasn't any more difficult than a normal player once you got used to it. In fact, they usually moved slower and left more target area exposed (significantly).

The most dangerous person on the field will always be the one who can snapshoot effectively. Whether that's with a pump or an electro. The good news about playing pump is that you're forced to snapshoot.

Lo

Feedback Score
    I would love to see a format where it's 5 man teams, 2 with pistols (4 extra mags each), 2 with pumps and 200rds in a hopper and 1 with 12.5bps and 6 pods + hopper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast