Thread: Paintball on the moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Paintball on the moon

lol every where else eh?

I wonder....Would it be fun or hella hard?

Feedback Score
    hahaha, awesome. Well, there's no air resistance and the moon has about 83% less gravity than earth, so paintballs will go MUCH farther and hit an awful lot harder at range. If only we could freakin' breathe up there...
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    well of course we need some kinda breathing apparatus
    but man....could you imagine 600yard shots with FS rounds....that would just hurt like hell after the momentum built up

lol just thought it was funny to have this section, as i think most country and areas are covered in the other threads
    but maybe im missing something haha

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Sprinkles may be hating, but I think that paintball on the moon would be hilariously awesome.

Of course, pulling (imaginary) weeds, raking moondust or organizing moon rocks would be awesome.... It's the moon, let's be honest. Who wouldn't want to try out 1/6th gravity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    "Giant shots are what you make, shootin' on the moon...I hope my seals don't break, shootin' on the moon..."

Sorry. Police moment. And is it sad that I'm actually mentally writing the parody as I type this?

It's good in theory, but O rings would instantly shatter, the air tanks would either burst or freeze solid - not to mention what would happen to the paint.

Although it is an entertaining notion:

"Houston, this is Ego 1, we have taken the flag from the Red team."

"Roger that, Ego 1, way to show it to those Russki ********s!!!"
    Last edited by Winter; 02-15-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Feedback Score
    hum, well, adjustments would need to be made for some of that. I'm sure NASA's got some super grade o rings that would hold up.

HPA tanks would still work, I think, but the pressures would have to be changed. The HPA tank is meant to hold more pressure than is acted on it, but if no atmospheric pressure is acted upon it then the max capacity would have to be lowered by an amount equal to earths atmospheric pressure. I think. Right?

Paintballs themselves aren't filled with air so I'm guessing they wouldn't explode in a vaccum.

Oh man, I just realized how nuts this topic can get. I'd assume that the biggest problems would be with tolerences in the markers?
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ya i was just posting as a joke....but this thread could get pretty big...

sorry sprinkles lol

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Tolerances in the marker, the actual tanks themselves would HAVE to be steelies, and seriously reinforced. The paintballs would most likely freeze immediately. And they do actually have a small amount of air (well, the cheap crap does), you'd have to use a seriously slick silicon lube for the bolts...

I'm making my own brain hurt. The problems are myriad. But man would it be high-larious to see.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the bolt would have to be made from titanium or the like. Possibly high test carbon fiber. One shot in that kind of cold and you're looking at some bad fragmentation.
    Last edited by Winter; 02-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    man....just thought of somthing
    bunkering would be insane

Feedback Score
    So would i be possible to shoot and miss then get hit with your own ball in the back? Would that make me out? Got to watch my shots........
    Run with the UPPK and have a small Louisville based crew of the DoD's.
    Big events is where I am going small firefights is where I shine!
    Club: UPPK.weebly.com
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ericmvilla84/feed

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Friendly fire counts, but self-fire doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    One small step for man, one giant leap for the red team flag!

Seriously, I wouldn't ever believe it. Obviously it was filmed in a Hollywood studio, duh. Don't buy into the machine!
    Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are TheConglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!