Thread: Spyder VS1 malfunction?

Feedback Score

Spyder VS1 malfunction?

OK so iv been having nothing BUT problems with this gun. Every time i go to use it, there a new problem. at first i was using bad paint then was fine. But now its not the paint. Iv cleaned EVERY part of the gun. I tried to shoot it without a hopper, by just hand loading them in, it shot once fine, reloaded then went to shoot, it just had like a "thump" sound coming from the frame. i'm assuming it's the metal clicking piece, but i don't see whats wrong with it. iv tryed turning on and off the eyes, and iv cleaned the eye s, but all i ever get is the "thump".
    Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi.- (May death provide the peace you sought.)

Se si riesce a correre, correre. Se non possibile correre,provare a eseguire. Ma se voi non correre ... allora ci vediamoall'inferno- (If you can run, run. If you can't run, try to run. But if you wont run...then i'll see you in hell

Feedback Score
    Try a new battery - if you're just getting a clicking sound from your grip frame, it's likely that that your solenoid isn't getting enough power, and isn't firing the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    i tried 3 different batteries

ill try another one though in case
    Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi.- (May death provide the peace you sought.)

Se si riesce a correre, correre. Se non possibile correre,provare a eseguire. Ma se voi non correre ... allora ci vediamoall'inferno- (If you can run, run. If you can't run, try to run. But if you wont run...then i'll see you in hell

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joblair View Post
    i tried 3 different batteries

ill try another one though in case

Just in case, brand name batteries, not some discount brand.

World Combat Paintball Clan
    Canadian Corps Sergeant
    http://www.wcpclan.com

Feedback Score
    ok so i put a new Duracell in and the same problem but i did notice something. i explain in the vid...

Feedback Score
    ok so i put a new Duracell in and the same problem but i did notice something. i explain in the vid...
    I didn't hear you explain anything in the vid

Canadian Corps Sergeant

Feedback Score
    i thought it might of been self explanatory my bad...without the bolt the clicky thing works fine...with the bolt cocked it doesnt click

Feedback Score
    i thought it might of been self explanatory my bad...without the bolt the clicky thing works fine...with the bolt cocked it doesnt click
    I'm just messing with you , I honestly don't know dude. Hopefully someone here can get you looked after

Canadian Corps Sergeant

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Obviously, your solenoid doesn't like rap

More seriously though, the solenoid is tripping the sear, but not with enough force to release the striker. it could be a dwell issue (because it seems like the solenoid is cycling extraordinarily fast), but I can't imagine the VS1 has adjustable dwell. Presuming that's not the case, the main capacitor could be shorted or blown (hence not storing enough energy to keep the solenoid open), or there could be something wrong with the solenoid itself.

A risky solution I wouldn't attempt would be to modify the striker so that the sear doesn't catch as deeply, and there is less of a lip for the sear to hold onto. But, this is likely to cause cycling issues in the future, so it's only a temporary fix at best. How temporary would depend on how well it's done. Without a machine shop, don't try this.

Either of the latter issues likely will require a new board -- but it's tough to diagnose over the internet. Ideally, you'd like to find a working VS1 and swap parts methodically to isolate the issue -- some paintball stores will do that for you.

Lo
    Last edited by Lo; 02-10-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lo View Post
    A risky solution I wouldn't attempt would be to modify the striker so that the sear doesn't catch as deeply, and there is less of a lip for the sear to hold onto. But, this is likely to cause cycling issues in the future, so it's only a temporary fix at best. How temporary would depend on how well it's done. Without a machine shop, don't try this.

Agreed. Highly risky, and I wouldn't attempt either
    *nods sagely* yes, the face slide is a fantastic way to minimize your profile, as it attempts to fold your spine in 47 different locations. Old kung Fu masters called this "slinkie style", and current American historians refer to it as the Accordion. Whereas we rednecks just refer it it as "hey ya'll, watch this!"

Feedback Score
    can i get one from hustle?

Feedback Score
    Negativo - we don't carry/can't get those parts.

Feedback Score
    I FIGURED IT OUT....as it turns out that "new" battery i put in wasn't as new as i thought...i put in an ACTUAL new battery and it works fine >< you have the right to come over shoot me, play paintball with me, and shoot me again xD

Feedback Score
    LOL if you weren't so far away

Canadian Corps Sergeant

Feedback Score
    lol if you ever see me i give you full permission to without warning light me the (&%^ up(onlt if right before you call out your username =p)

Feedback Score
    Did you by any chance put a harder stryker spring in it? A lighter spring may solve the problem, but also may introduce a new problem of lower velocity if the spring is too light.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sqyire View Post
    Did you by any chance put a harder stryker spring in it? A lighter spring may solve the problem, but also may introduce a new problem of lower velocity if the spring is too light.
    You beat me to it. A stiff spring will take a great deal more force to have the sear trip. Of course, you figured it out, but having a really stiff spring in there may wear things out prematurely, anyway. I know my Piranha hates having a stiff spring in.
    All out till fallout.

Feedback Score
    I FIGURED IT OUT....as it turns out that "new" battery i put in wasn't as new as i thought...i put in an ACTUAL new battery and it works fine >< you have the right to come over shoot me, play paintball with me, and shoot me again xD
    Rule #1 of teching an electronic gun.

Replace the battery. If that doesn't work, replace it with a new, brand-name battery