Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vests vs. Packs/Harnesses

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial_Soul View Post
    I know not everyone agrees, but if you are running a remote line then you are not playing to your full potential. If cosmetics trumps function, then remote is great. If function trumps cosmetics, then avoid the remote and learn to be ambidextrous

^
    This.
    I used to use remote lines (and still do occasionally), but you're effectively limiting yourself when doing so. You're stuck in one side of shooting, and trying to swap sides in a blizzard of paint is not a good idea. I'm all for realism, but when it starts to affect my gameplay, it's a burden, not a blessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Upgrading to a Dye Tactical Harness in a few weeks =]

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use the Tippmann 4+1 harness for regular small woodsball but I think I would need a vest if I were to play a big scenario game. On my harness, I only utilize the tank pouch and 2 pod pouches. My brother uses a vest and utilizes the tank pouch and 2 pod pouches. He says he rather have the weight on his shoulders than his waist but I think the vest gets in the way when playing simple 2 matches woodsball and back to the car. My brother has complained about a few things about his vest. Its too hot, its a pain to take it off and put it back on. My Tippmann 4+1 harness is very sturdy on my waist and the pod pouches are horizontal so I can reach it very easily. If I do play a big scenario game, I would definitely want a vest to carry a radio, camel water pack, extra paint pods, maybe a few paint grenades, and a place to keep my wallet and keys securely.

Feedback Score
    Now that I've had the chance to use my dye tac harness I'm very impressed. I'm a small guy and it held very strong to my person without much movement at all while running and sliding. I even detached the upper part that goes over the shoulders and only used the waist part. So many molle to use I have everything on there without having to leave anything off.

X3 faz mags
    Full clip holster
    X9 wtf tube holder (with optional x6 tube holder on top for larger games)
    Full clip radio pouch

I plan to buy another to have for when this one wears out.

Feedback Score
    I really like the BT static vest, its pretty much a harness with backpack straps. I holds a bladder and its customizable because of the molle. the straps help distribute the weight of loaded pods very well
    BEAVERTOWN MAFIA proudly sponsored by hustle paintball, empire paintball, and hinkle family fun center

Feedback Score
    I've never been a fan of vests or any thing over my shoulder.
    My mcr3 was about the only thing I've ever used that was on my shoulder.

Feedback Score
    It all depends on what role I'm playing. If I'm leading a fire team I wear my BT chest rig. With the X7, M16 set-up. I carry 6 pods on my chest.And 6 more in a butt pack. Also 2 90 cu tanks on 2 remote lines. And a camelback of 2 letters of water. I like to be out front where the action is. My team carries whatever they want. But I do insist every one has 2 letters of water. With all the weight manouverability is somewhat restricted , but firepower is the point.

When I'm a sniper/scout, I use X7 with 18" raptor barrel, fake supressor and optics. I use a valken 4+1 harness. Light weight and plenty of manouverability. Stelth is the point.
    Last edited by GRIM REAPER; 06-29-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Team BLACK RAIN
    Grim Reaper
    I have come to realize that life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely with a well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways all worn out yelling, WOO HOO what a ride!!!

Feedback Score
    There are so many different variations of the same rigs. I love it.

Feedback Score
    Its all about preference really. I used a pack when I started off with my salvo and ran it with a remote. I hated it! I didn't want all the weight on the marker either; especially, wanting to use the stock. I'm all about the milsim look and since I'm a southpaw, I don't have a problem with the remote limitations. I must admit and agree with everyone here, summer time in Houston is no joke!

Feedback Score
    My suggestion is a vest if you are going to be playing woodsball. Most of the time you are out there for a while and its always nice have a ton of pods and an admin pack with a radio. Ever thing is right there on your vest nothing in your pockets. That's my experience. Had a pack for a week and then bought a vest right away.
    Run with the UPPK and have a small Louisville based crew of the DoD's.
    Big events is where I am going small firefights is where I shine!
    Club: UPPK.weebly.com
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ericmvilla84/feed

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny_ev View Post
    My suggestion is a vest if you are going to be playing woodsball. Most of the time you are out there for a while and its always nice have a ton of pods and an admin pack with a radio. Ever thing is right there on your vest nothing in your pockets. That's my experience. Had a pack for a week and then bought a vest right away.
    I agree that just a pod pack isn't the best for true woodsball milsim magfed but ... if you use a molle harness you can add whatever you want depending on the size and number of molle available.

I have on my dye harness ...
    3 faz mags
    Radio pouch
    9 tube pouch with optional 6 tube attached to it
    Holster
    I'm adding a dump pouch under the faz mags

Feedback Score
    I only run a 3+4 and a 2+3 on my static vest... and a carabiner for the wonderful bt m8 paint grenades BTM is so fond of. and a bladder for big games. but with up to 12 pods, the weight distribution on the vest helps alot
    BEAVERTOWN MAFIA proudly sponsored by hustle paintball, empire paintball, and hinkle family fun center

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3