Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vests vs. Packs/Harnesses

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    function follows form. you see the military and swat use vests because they carry magazines, maps, radios, food, all kinds of things. scenario players like to use them because they carry more than just paint. many scenario players are turning into mag fed guns and need a vest for pouches designed to hold mags. if all you need is something to carry your paint, a pod pack will be great for you. some days i just feel like having some semi auto fun, so i take out my tetra and throw on my pod pack and shoot like crazy. so if all you need to carry is paint, just get a pod pack, a classic 4 pack will work great, even a 2 or 3 pack will be awesome depending on how much you shoot. i got my nxe camo 4 pack for 20 bucks from ans with 4 free pods. it works awesome. you dont need something expensive, something that just works.

Feedback Score
    I would agrue that I can carry just as many items on my molle pack as I could on a vest. It's all in what you need. I have run this molle pack for the past couple years and played in a scenario running pods, mags, maps, and radio. So, I think it also comes down to what you like and what you really want/need from the way you carry your items.

I only need 1 shot, no hopper, and your out!

Feedback Score
    For my new marker I might need to carry 2000 rounds on me. Love a full molle vest for that! LOL!
    "Batalla Probado - Siempre Dispuesto"
    Admin, BT Warrior
    Proud Member of the BT Rangers - Sponsored by Empire Battle Tested and FLASC Paintball

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
    For my new marker I might need to carry 2000 rounds on me. Love a full molle vest for that! LOL!
    i hope you have a gun that can shoot that much on one fill. or 2 tanks

Feedback Score
    That will be one hell of a Heavy Gunner setup. I will like to see the marker and setup once you have it figured out and purchased.

Feedback Score
    Just want to throw in my NXE Extraktion Harness/Belt Setup - Details to come in my " gear " thread =)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAS-Scoundrel View Post
    There's another point being missed here. If you are a milsim player and really want that look then a vest or harness is really the only way to go. Pod packs can be bought in popular camo patterns, but they still don't have that distinctive look. Style and comfort apart, you might want to take that milsim look into account. You can get lots of carry capacity and mobility either way you go.
    I'm in agreement to that. I'm a die hard when it comes to mil-sim. When I'm looking into gear like a vest I follow, an idea of tactical look unless I'm looking for a specific vest style. Options are another thing if you like the snap and velcro style or full MOLLE. Plus a protection factor is also good. If you want that, you need to be sure that you can use gear either as a stand alone or to supplament your current set up.

Feedback Score
    vests - you either love them or you dont know what is best for you
    - Audaces fortuna iuvat - In the end, everybody is just a corpse.The difference is who carries you home... -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    Heh. I tried a vest back in 07. I just came back to the sport after a couple year hiatus - just burnt out of the tournament attitudes and all the crap in the industry with all the lawsuits, etc...

I got a nice vest, lots of pockets and I'll admit that it had great capacity and vest shots dont' really leave bad welts. That said - it was cumbersome, bulky, hot, and annoying to refill from the pods in the front.

I used it for 4-5 scenarios before going back to a pack and I doubt I'll try another - it's just more hassle than it's worth and it's not nearly as practical for me.
    Current markers: Not as many as teh Calgar

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
    Bzzzzz. Try again.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    I have one, have another another on the way. I'm ambivalent towards them, but they come in handy for prolonged games, However, they are hot, and while the protection they offer is nice, most of the time I prefer to go with a pack and travel light.
    Of course, once I go magfed that'll change, and I'm going to need the extra room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    "We fixed the super crappy - always leaking macro fittings! Now... your gun will just leak from inside your grip frame/gun... in a horrifying manner. Is it my solenoid? Is it the simple o-ring? Is it... something more dastardly? I don't know!!!!"

Feedback Score
    Condor MCR3
    FC x2 Mag Holder
    FC Pistol Holster
    WTF 6 Tube Holder

If I like this rig I'm thinking of picking up 2 FC Single Mag Holders to put on either side of the WTF pouch and loose the holster.
    I might pick up a Condor Molle Belt later for larger games to add more tubes, my holster, and maybe another mag.

Last edited by WCP Squirrel; 04-21-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Feedback Score
    Upgrading this week & pictures to come as quick as I can open a box =)

Feedback Score
    MCR 3 w/ x2 FC Single Mag Holders & Whiskey Two-Four x6 Tube Holder
    NXE Extraktion Pack w/ Whiskey Two-Four x9 Tube Holder, FC Radio & Pistol Holster
    ( I cut the front 2 straps off the NXE pack to make it a pack rig only )

Feedback Score
    If I get a pod pack and run a remote, would the pack still stay on or slide down?

Feedback Score
    I've done it and with a 20 oz co2 tank on back, it slid off and bounced around way too much for my liking
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WOODSBALLER69 View Post
    If I get a pod pack and run a remote, would the pack still stay on or slide down?
    I know not everyone agrees, but if you are running a remote line then you are not playing to your full potential. If cosmetics trumps function, then remote is great. If function trumps cosmetics, then avoid the remote and learn to be ambidextrous
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    In woodsball its a little more about Fuction and my argument for remote lines is that it makes the gun lighter and easier to handle and if you use Co2 you don't get that O-Ring murdering liquid Co2 in the macro line.
    Thread Title= *Ladies Of Paintball*
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa Pink View Post
    Oh, I thought this was going to feature Dash.

Feedback Score
    I've run a remote, my pack does not slide down. A remote is great when you enjoy a stock on a gun, especially if you are accustomed to that type of thing.
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Feedback Score
    I like the full vest, what I am used to I guess!
    Here is a link to my husband's youtube channel, check it out and subscribe!!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgk...?feature=watch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast