Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sly Profit or Dye I4

Feedback Score

Sly Profit or Dye I4

I have the sly profit but my friend has the dye i4's. Does anyone know which one is better?

Feedback Score
    For looks and overall cool features - Profit

For overall utility and everything else that constitutes a good mask - i4

For the best mask in the business - The Proflex

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I4's FTW!!

They are great masks!

Feedback Score
    Have you tried the I4's on? The I4's just didn't cut it for me. Too small. I love my Profits though.

Once you get to this price point in a mask, it's usually more about looks and personal comfort. Neither will be the best. It only matters which is the best for you.

For me its the Sly. Fits my mug great. Breathes easy (for me). Good hearing (again for me). And the double strap rocks. The weight also isn't that bad (yet again for me).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In that price range none is really better than the other, it's all personal preference. My proflex is my baby and by far the best mask I have ever played with. The I4s are in second place for me. They lok great,feel great but expose the side of my face a little to much(I can Deal). I'm not a fan of the Profits it just doesn't feel good on my face. The Grill is also a sweet looking mask and feels nice apart from the lens issues which should be resolved with the release of the dual pane lenses. In the end it's all up to you which one is best.
    "Money can't buy back your youth when your old, a friend when your lonely or a love that's grown cold"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    As a pintballer who wears glasses on and off field, i find that the i4's are the closest thing to a fog free lens that i have used so far. saying that i used the sly profits the other day and they were really comfortable and with a bit of adjustment they could be an all out winner seeing as they offer abit more protection, and look amasing.

At the end of the day it's all down to personal preference and what one person thinks is amasing you may think isn't.

Feedback Score
    It's definitely personal preference... I've owned both and find the i4s far too small - love my profits though!
    Try before you buy if you can.

Feedback Score
    I have both and I switch between them. The I4's are small and do not fit everyone. I love my I4's when it is really hot. The Profits are comfortable, but they can get really hot. I run a fan system on my profits from ezcreations and that helps, but the I4's just feel cooler.

Feedback Score
    I4's for sure, the profits are like earmuffs...and personal opinion, I4's look MUCH cooler
    Custom Vic F/S/T: http://www.pbriot.com/showthread.php...=9518#post9518
    CRU Paintball LLC: crupaintball.com
    Member of the CRU Army: 1st place finish at PSP D3 Race-to-2 Series 2011

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    The black/gold I4... mhmm...

but yea, proflex. on topic, etc etc.
    pbRIOT - Unite - Uprise - Reembody

H+

Feedback Score
    If your head fits the I4's, they are an awesome mask. Love mine.

Feedback Score
    I had a Sly Profit, and tried everything to get it not to fog up but nothing worked for me. So I bought a Dye I4.
    Here is a link to my husband's youtube channel, check it out and subscribe!!
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjgk...?feature=watch

Feedback Score
    i have profits but i have noticed a lot of echo in the mask itself, i had a pair of I4's i got when i bought a NXT off ebay, sold them to my friend because they come from someone who smoked and i am allergic to it so kinda couldn't use them. but i love the profits great viewing angle and the double strap is amazing. Oh and lens cleaning is so simple.

Feedback Score
    i cant really tell you much cause ive only used the i4. but what i can tell your is ive used it for 2 years now and keep in mind im a bigger guy the breaths very heavy and it has never fog'ed up on me. and i dont use any fan kit either, but it does'nt offer alot of coverage. i have tried on a profit and it seems to offer more protection and i do like the double straps but i dont know how it does with fogging
    hope this helps

Feedback Score
    For me Profits hands down. Many of the complaints about them I have never experienced and they provide comfort and fantastic protection.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't tried I4s, but I did use profits for a season. They are comfortable and don't move with fantastic field of view and easy change lenses.... however, you can't hear anything with them, you sound like you have a sock stuffed in your mouth, and they get real hot real fast! Other masks offer most of these upsides without the downsides. I personally use E-Flex, and still love ProFlex. Haven't tried anything that beats them yet.
    Mile High Saints #7
    Nighthawk Brewery Brewmaster (go like us, we be sisters with Hustle)
    Current Collection:
    -Primaries: Flame body G6R, Stormtrooper T2
    -For fun: E2 Karnivor, Rare anno Phantom (stock class set-up; for sale/trade), Kaos Pump, PM6 w/ UL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeta View Post
    I had a Sly Profit, and tried everything to get it not to fog up but nothing worked for me. So I bought a Dye I4.

I'm having the same issues, no matter what I do, my SLY's just keep fogging up...makes me so irritated in game, that I just have to call out, I get soooo fogged up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    I'm having the same issues, no matter what I do, my SLY's just keep fogging up...makes me so irritated in game, that I just have to call out, I get soooo fogged up
    I hear ya, it really takes the fun out of it....
    Here is a link to my husband's youtube channel, check it out and subscribe!!

Feedback Score
    I never had a profit fog up, but it was mostly in cold weather. I agree that they do muffle sound. I just got an I4 and it's very comfortable if you have a regular sized dome. Only played a few games in it so far but I've been happy with it.
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Blog Entries
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Reerun View Post
    I never had a profit fog up, but it was mostly in cold weather. I agree that they do muffle sound. I just got an I4 and it's very comfortable if you have a regular sized dome. Only played a few games in it so far but I've been happy with it.
    Which lens do you have for yours? I have the HD lens for mine and I think it is great.
    Click this blue link to SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel
    http://www.youtube.com/subscription_...mowProductions

Click this blue link to go to my Youtube channel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast